Any F1 fans

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Good race for Verstappen who managed it well. DR was desperately unlucky - he must be the unluckiest man in F1 though as DC said, modern drivers don't know they've been born when it comes to reliability - in the DC days a 40% DNF rate wasn't too unusual!

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
HAAS have signed "Rich Energy" as title sponsors from 2019, Rich wanted to buy Force India.

I think HAAS have got the business model bang on, so much so STR will do the same and use all the parts allowed from the RB car from next year.

They were due to sign with Williams and had all the paperwork ready but signed with Haas at the last minute

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
They were due to sign with Williams and had all the paperwork ready but signed with Haas at the last minute

I heard, seems odd but Williams are funny at times unless they have something better up their sleeves to replace Martini

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I heard, seems odd but Williams are funny at times unless they have something better up their sleeves to replace Martini
Claire might be organising a cake stall... :oops:

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I wonder why the issues happen so much to RB and in particular his car?

Most would probably think it’s his driving style but, apart from being the last (and best) of the late brakers, I don’t see him doing anything overly different to any of the other top drivers.

I just hope the reliability issues don’t follow him to Renault next year.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Something I found was a nice touch from Vettel, and one of the reasons why I have grown to like him over the years, is his off track sportsmanship.

He broke off his post race interview with DC to congratulate Lewis and also went into the Mercedes garage to congratulate all the mechanics and pit crew etc.

He’s still a boxhead though. But a likeable one.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Something I found was a nice touch from Vettel, and one of the reasons why I have grown to like him over the years, is his off track sportsmanship.

He broke off his post race interview with DC to congratulate Lewis and also went into the Mercedes garage to congratulate all the mechanics and pit crew etc.

I like him.

Just needs to tighten his grip on the loony stick when a bit of impulse control is required!

Ironically, he seemed to manage that yesterday.

Last edited:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

That showed a touch of class from a former WDC. I can't think of too many others on the grid who would do that. (DR and KR would I think)
Outside of the car he is a really likeable guy with a great sense of humour.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That showed a touch of class from a former WDC. I can't think of too many others on the grid who would do that. (DR and KR would I think)

He was touting for a drive in 2020, the realisation of what Ferrari is (pressure wise) and "It is I" coming into the second seat next year has him spooked

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
He was touting for a drive in 2020, the realisation of what Ferrari is (pressure wise) and "It is I" coming into the second seat next year has him spooked

Given the offer Seb, would jump straight into a Mercedes right now. Not a chance whlst Lewis is undisputed #1 driver though.
His stock has gone down at Ferrari with all the unforced errors he has made this year. They gave him a capable car, but he flunked it.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)

It was apparently because Haas got a similar deal for around half the money

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It was apparently because Haas got a similar deal for around half the money

HAAS don't need the amount of money to run that Williams do so it would make sense to get more bang for their buck.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
5 times in a row. Well done Mercedes!

Feel for Max getting robbed by Ocon.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Shake-up in the pecking order coming next year.

With a faster, more reliable Red Bull driven by a more experienced Verstappen, and a cleaner season for Ferarri, Lewis is going to be hit hard.

Whatever you may think of Max, he is emerging as an outstanding driver with excellent defensive and offensive skills, coupled with great mechanical sympathy. Plus, he's got the right Newey-inspired car for his talents.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
5 times in a row. Well done Mercedes!

Feel for Max getting robbed by Ocon.

I dont.

I have been in a position similar myself, not for an F1 race win tho!! A few years back I was leading a race by 5 seconds when another car who had umpteen problems was using the race as a test session and he came bearing down on me, I had already lapped him earlier too when he was limping, so I knew he was no threat, he stuck one up the inside of me and I let him go, I lost about 2 seconds of my lead on that lap, but still won the race 4 laps later.

From my view, Ocon should have backed out of it, it was clumsy. But Verstappen should have just lifted and not turned across the apex so sharply, that corner you can run through the middle and apex on the left of the Senna S and still get a decent exit onto the straight, he would have had the slipstream too so he would have lost about 0.5 second to Lewis who was 3 seconds behind at the time.

As Lewis put it, you have more to lose.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I dont.

I have been in a position similar myself, not for an F1 race win tho!! A few years back I was leading a race by 5 seconds when another car who had umpteen problems was using the race as a test session and he came bearing down on me, I had already lapped him earlier too when he was limping, so I knew he was no threat, he stuck one up the inside of me and I let him go, I lost about 2 seconds of my lead on that lap, but still won the race 4 laps later.

From my view, Ocon should have backed out of it, it was clumsy. But Verstappen should have just lifted and not turned across the apex so sharply, that corner you can run through the middle and apex on the left of the Senna S and still get a decent exit onto the straight, he would have had the slipstream too so he would have lost about 0.5 second to Lewis who was 3 seconds behind at the time.

As Lewis put it, you have more to lose.
Completely agree- he’s a fantastic driver but very Dutch....always the other guy is the idiot forgetting only a year or so ago the inanely desperate things he used to do, and by this evidence still does- even despite as Lewis pointed out he had it all to lose (and did)....sympathy 0 I’m afraid

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Lewis was right, he had more to lose than Ocon at that point.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom