Can anyone tell me what colour my seats are please?

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
I've tried asking my local dealer giving him my registration/VIN number and on the VIN decoder it says black/anthracite but I think it's some shade of grey but I don't know if it's Alpaca or Graphte or something different? Interior left side deflector up.JPG

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I had Alpaca Grey in my last car and it was lighter than yours looks - but always difficult to tell on a photo!

OP
gramey

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
I had Alpaca Grey in my last car and it was lighter than yours looks - but always difficult to tell on a photo!
Thanks for that , I'm thinking it must be graphite grey.
Does anyone know if there is a label or tag anywhere that would have this on. Putting my VIN in the decoder it just says 200A leather and below that 201A black/anthracite?

OP
gramey

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
Okay so I couldn't find a VIN plate under the bonnet which is a little worrying but I found this in the handbook. Does anyone know which one if any of these numbers relates to an interior colour code please ? DSC_0452.JPG

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Don’t you have your “Vin” in the front screen ?

Rob76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E280 CDI Sport
From an online VIN decoder;
Interior LEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE (201A)

Cheers

OP
gramey

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
Don’t you have your “Vin” in the front screen ?
Hi, yes I have the VIN number but I can't find the VIN/Chassis plate that tells you the paint/interior colour codes?
Usually there's a stamped metal plate or a tamperproof label on most cars but can I find it, can I hell!
I can't even find the location for this via a Google search for heavens sake.
The only extra information I got from the main dealer was 9C77 (graphite/anthracite) 001A. I've tried a search on that and that didn't get me anywhere .
Such a simple thing yet I can't find the answer. :(

OP
gramey

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
From an online VIN decoder;
Interior LEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE (201A)

Cheers
Thanks for that as said I've already done that check but there's no such thing is a black anthracite dye to renovate my seats hence why I asked if anyone could identify the colour for me .

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
Mine is the same colour and comes up as black/ anthracite. It's definitely grey I've mixed my own leather paint to do my bolster on the driver's seat. Mixing it yourself is not just some black and white to get grey. I had some beige and some blue in the final mix if I remember right.

OP
gramey

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
You learn something new every day, didn't realise that the black and white sticker inside the passenger door frame is what constitutes a VIN plate. I know a lot of manufacturers had changed to tamper proof labels but the very limited information on it I thought there must be more on another plate/label under the bonnet. Apparently the 201A refers to the graphite grey, black being presumed as self explanatory.
I was going to go with Dynamix but after reading a thread elsewhere I shall be going with Furniture Clinic unless anybody else has some sound recommendations? :)

mirror image

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w169, R230, W216
I spoke to Gliptone about a week ago, regarding the 201a leather code, they had never heard of it and would not guarantee a colour match. They asked me to send in a headrest to get a colour match for the worn drivers seat.
It’s the first time I’ve come across them not being able to supply a dye using their records. Looking on the forum(s) this seems to be a common issue trying to match 201a to a specific aftermarket dye.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom