New owner of E Class 3.0 E350 CDI Sport 2dr

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
Hi and welcome to C207 ownership. I have had mine since May and have fitted a boot lip spoiler and had the rear windows tinted. I used Angel tuning a few years ago on a CLK270CDi and it certainly went better. I have used GAD on two other Mercedes and would recommend them.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
My car doesn't come with Sat Nav, its no big deal, however is it possible to do a retro Sat Nav install of the original Sat Nav that came with Mercs at that time. Is it a SW upgrade?

Sadly not just a software update but a full replacement of the Head Unit. If done properly with the necessary cooling fans it will cost, from memory, around £1400. Have a look at this:
http://www.comand.co.uk/index.php/retrofitting-comand

I suppose it is just possible that a previous owner had the retrofit Navigation 20 upgrade which is quite rare (I did on mine!). There is nothing obvious to show you have it and to access it you need to press and hold the C button by the rotary controller.

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
19s on mine, 8.5x19 with 235/35/19 front and 9.5x19 with 265/30/19 rear,
also lowered with H&R springs. No problems at all
with this set up. :D
20181105_113534.jpg

OP
C

cubbyno9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz E Class 3.0 E350 CDI Sport 2dr
Hi and welcome to C207 ownership. I have had mine since May and have fitted a boot lip spoiler and had the rear windows tinted. I used Angel tuning a few years ago on a CLK270CDi and it certainly went better. I have used GAD on two other Mercedes and would recommend them.

Hi bubble, I am getting the windows done this week. What spoiler did you get, I have seen a few on fleebay. Cool I will check GAD out, thanks.

OP
C

cubbyno9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
19s on mine, 8.5x19 with 235/35/19 front and 9.5x19 with 265/30/19 rear,
also lowered with H&R springs. No problems at all
with this set up. :D
View attachment 46773

Hi SmartAMG, excellent thanks. Yip that's what I am going to do then, ta.

OP
C

cubbyno9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sadly not just a software update but a full replacement of the Head Unit. If done properly with the necessary cooling fans it will cost, from memory, around £1400. Have a look at this:

I suppose it is just possible that a previous owner had the retrofit Navigation 20 upgrade which is quite rare (I did on mine!). There is nothing obvious to show you have it and to access it you need to press and hold the C button by the rotary controller.

Hi SRDL, thanks. I will check the link out. Err £1400, don't need it that much lol. Will check my car as advised cheers

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Craig be careful with wheel spacers, don't go to wide
I got 12mm all round they were too wide didn't like um
all depends what offset alloys you get.

OP
C

cubbyno9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi SmartAMG, ok cool.

Just checked link. Think I will just use my old Tom Tom lol

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
OP
C

cubbyno9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi SmartAMG,

I have the standard 6 spoke AMG alloys, do you recon the 12mm's will be ok? Looking at some 19 inch wheels but that will have to wait until Crimbo is past.
Plan is when back onshore is remap, H&R springs, spacers. New black front grill, tail spoiler lip, wrap the rear boot chrome stripe, not sure to do the chrome window edging or leave to give a contrast.

The wheels and an upgraded audio/command unit will done after Crimbo.

Other than the remap, any other engine mods that I can do. I have a friend that is a mechanic so he has offered to help with any engine mods?

Cubby

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi SmartAMG,

I have the standard 6 spoke AMG alloys, do you recon the 12mm's will be ok? Looking at some 19 inch wheels but that will have to wait until Crimbo is past.
Plan is when back onshore is remap, H&R springs, spacers. New black front grill, tail spoiler lip, wrap the rear boot chrome stripe, not sure to do the chrome window edging or leave to give a contrast.

The wheels and an upgraded audio/command unit will done after Crimbo.

Other than the remap, any other engine mods that I can do. I have a friend that is a mechanic so he has offered to help with any engine mods?

Cubby
In my opinion 12mm spacers are to wide I know that from experience, i think 5mm would be perfect. But it all depends on what width and offset alloys you go for.

OP
C

cubbyno9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In my opinion 12mm spacers are to wide I know that from experience, i think 5mm would be perfect. But it all depends on what width and offset alloys you go for.

Hi, I have the standard 6 spoke 18inch AMG alloys, not sure what the offset is. I will go into http://www.wheelcentre-scotland.co.uk/ when back onshore and pick their brains.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Craig, welcome to the forum :)

OP
C

cubbyno9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Great JBell, thanks.

Top Bottom