Anyone looking for an R230 SL600?

gramey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently none
I spotted this whilst having a look at another car on their website, the MOT history looks mainly good with the odd failure for irregularly spaced/font number plate at one point. I know nothing about these so I wouldn't know if this is a good price or not but I thought it looked nice so sharing it any case anyone on here is interested - https://www.le-autos.co.uk/used-mercedes-benz-sl-600-marlow-berkshire-1853787 :)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Looks good, didn't know the 600 had a twin turbo v12!

Mercedes SL500 R231

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Doesn’t look too bad, with a little tlc it could be very good

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
anyone interested i have the same thing in obesian black on a private 03 plate with charcoal grey leather ,all the toys, except lingatronic. and 38500 miles . i will probably be moving it on in spring or earlier .dry stored thru winters will arrange pictures later. car currently in france Normandy nr st lo will be coming to uk in new yr for MOT. HOWEVER I WILL BE LOOKING FOR 18,750 It HAS it has no faults current or stored.and i can have a print out of that available , prob one of if not the cleanest of this model. no rear wheel arch corrosion i will be looking for a 4x4. all servicing carried out by me since i bought it at 34,000 miles oil ,filter, battery both.starter and consumer, oil x2 times abc filter and fluid changed. its due a brake fluid change no water or sign in boot ,tho i carried out malcoms mod. it did not need it. and the drain vent has opened up on the front p/s wheel arch and the alarm has also been replaced,due to defective sealed internal battery. i have to replace 1 connector plug on the p/s rear abc valve ,nibbled by rodent. i am picking this up in the uk next week. i will put pictures on here nearer the time i book the mot

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
anyone interested i have the same thing in obesian black on a private 03 plate with charcoal grey leather ,all the toys, except lingatronic. and 38500 miles . i will probably be moving it on in spring or earlier .dry stored thru winters will arrange pictures later. car currently in france Normandy nr st lo will be coming to uk in new yr for MOT. HOWEVER I WILL BE LOOKING FOR 18,750 It HAS it has no faults current or stored.and i can have a print out of that available , prob one of if not the cleanest of this model. no rear wheel arch corrosion i will be looking for a 4x4. all servicing carried out by me since i bought it at 34,000 miles oil ,filter, battery both.starter and consumer, oil x2 times abc filter and fluid changed. its due a brake fluid change no water or sign in boot ,tho i carried out malcoms mod. it did not need it. and the drain vent has opened up on the front p/s wheel arch and the alarm has also been replaced,due to defective sealed internal battery. i have to replace 1 connector plug on the p/s rear abc valve ,nibbled by rodent. i am picking this up in the uk next week. i will put pictures on here nearer the time i book the mot

Gives me something to dream about to-night :rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
:(

Such a shame you're selling it Andy - its such a beautiful car.
And for anyone who wonders what the performance is like...
Imagine you're sat in a comfy armchair that's connected to the horizon by a big bungy cord pulled very tight. And someone lets go of your seat. Awesome doesn't cover it. From what I recall the figures are better than an SL55.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Excellent description, nearly as quick as the V8 R231 SL500 and on a par with the V6 SL400 from a model 14 years older ;-)!

Mercedes SL500 R231

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
thing i most like is how lazy the motor appears as its propelling one forward.it never appears to be working very hard or unduly stressed i think i will go 4x4 as its more daily use ,frankly i simply dont use it enough ,however its not doing me any harm and if shifting it next yr seems problematic ,keeping it for summer weekends out will not stress me much .

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
:(

Such a shame you're selling it Andy - its such a beautiful car.
And for anyone who wonders what the performance is like...
Imagine you're sat in a comfy armchair that's connected to the horizon by a big bungy cord pulled very tight. And someone lets go of your seat. Awesome doesn't cover it. From what I recall the figures are better than an SL55.

I was watching 'Harry's Garage' on Youtube the other night and he had one that he was reviewing. He allegedly had his up to 160mph !! Astonishing for an early 70's car !! :eek:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was watching 'Harry's Garage' on Youtube the other night and he had one that he was reviewing. He allegedly had his up to 160mph !! Astonishing for an early 70's car !! :eek:

2003! will have been designed earlier . the only other car i see that i like style of . Maserati grand turisimo , and aston martin ,both almost certainly more headache than the r230

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
I wish I thought I'd have the money when you come to sell. I love mine but this is a whole different ballgame.

Vintage Racer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SL320 (R129)

"Obesian black"..........must be the heavyweight version. :D:D

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's

They have started to come. Down in price. I feel like they are both priced very well!!

They have potentials for the most expensive repairs and general running costs but really are something special.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
simply put. a car, and most anything else is worth what you can get for it. the secret in my view, keep em tip top and original and do not allow yrself to get into a position where one HAS to sell . i have had guys come back to me repeatedly because they know i look after my kit. and i rarely sell any of my bikes or cars. yr right about possible repair costs tho, and fortunately so far ,i have been able to deal with all mine myself, with occasional assistance of sites like this....

Top Bottom