Car, plans for 2019.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
It will get moved on at some point but SWMBO wants it as she is not keen on her Howdy A4

Other than that is needs a B5 Service and will get washed regularly

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I'm always looking on Autotrader at MB's , mainly CL,S,SL,E,CLS , so all the big ones . I still think ill have the E class and Clk for at least another year or two .
I will probably change the CLk first when I do for an E class convertible , probably an E350cdi (before the stop start stuff ) .
Better go and tip my piggy bank on to the bed to see if any of this is possible :D . Otherwise Autotrader will keep getting a hammering !

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Been in discussions about a subtle map for the E Class for a while now. Once it's been finalised and tested on the MSL guinea pig then I may try it out and see how it goes. Nothing much other than that, though who knows what's going to happen...

As for the little 190E, this may just be advertised for sale as I feel that it's no longer being used as it should be. I've done less than 1,000 miles in it this year, with over 500 of those being on one trip. Not only that but, as I'm getting a bit older and less flexible, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do certain things on. I may just have a look around for something to replace it, or even to consolidate both Mercedes into one. It won't be anything particularly economical mind...

Nothing is certain yet though, so the above may or may not happen.

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
I'll be sadly moving on the E55 at some point in 2019 and looking for a Palladium W212 E63 Biturbo to replace it.
A bit of work to do first to bring the E55 up to scratch but I'll get there.
Not a bad car to move on to. :D

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I'll be looking at the best way to sort the Comand battery drain on the 230 - probably a new head unit (which is complicated by the presence of Bose and D2B).
The r129 looks like it will need the gearbox removing to fix a gearbox oil leak (will do rear main bearing seal at the same time) and the trusty bus (210) will be needing a new catalytic converter as I think I can hear the existing one rattling when hot.
The Smart has an uncertain future as its reason to be part of the stable has largely gone away now that I commute by train but I'm finding it difficult to get my head round selling it (not that it's worth anything as it has 150k miles and a poorly folding roof).[/QUOTE

good luck with tranny. think abut changing or spinning the ring gear whilst at it if evidence that it keeps stopping in same place exists..

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
2 plug conectors to replace on sl. prop centre mounting on clk and timing chain and tensioner on a class . oil and filters on all in april .

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I'm always looking on Autotrader at MB's , mainly CL,S,SL,E,CLS , so all the big ones . I still think ill have the E class and Clk for at least another year or two .
I will probably change the CLk first when I do for an E class convertible , probably an E350cdi (before the stop start stuff ) .
Better go and tip my piggy bank on to the bed to see if any of this is possible :D . Otherwise Autotrader will keep getting a hammering !

My son is supposed to collect his E53 AMG Coupe any day now. He keeps them max 3 years. Depending on miles / condition / price, it might be my next drive.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
daveenty said:
, post: 1680206, member: 8798" I may just have a look around for something to replace it, or even to consolidate both Mercedes into one. It won't be anything particularly economical mind...

Nothing is certain yet though, so the above may or may not happen.

Is this the beginnings of an S63 coupe arriving on the driveway Dave?
Glad to hear economy isn't top of your list either:D

Last edited:

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Is this the beginnings of an S63 coupe arriving on the driveway Dave?
Glad to hear economy isn't top of your list either:D

Not one of those Roger no, though I must admit to looking at them a while ago. ;)

To be honest, I've really got to liking the E Class now, the 4matic has been helping me in this respect, really impressed with the handling abilities of the car. Having said that, I'll probably have a look round in the late summer to see what is out there and make a decision then one way or the other...

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I like them as well (E Class) - but in my head I always see cream coloured German Taxis.o_O

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Mine will be getting a tidy up, actually might get round to doing a deep clean on the exterior which I have to admit I've still not done since I bought it.
Probably get it remapped as the current map is just not that smooth,
Will get a B service and ATF change, think that will be it.
The 169 looks like it needs front springs, a bit of a clean and that should be about it

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
John Laidlaw always uses someone he recommends for a full on monthly clean , but now that JL has bourght a BMW ( :eek: )maybe it would be nice for you to offer up your car (being a Mercedes) to his valeter so he can touch proper German quality again . Just a thought:rolleyes:
I've been away, did John sell the E63?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Really? Wow, that was a surprise.
Was just time Andy....the panzer was an absolute beast of a car but I was at the cross roads- should I do more to it? Should I leave it and drive it accepting that the 213 version was depreciating the 212 further sadly...? Should I go for the 213 or an AMG GT. All these were options, the latter 2 quite ‘stretching’ financially . Then when looking at an AMG GT and not really making the figures add up, the same dealer had an i8....few weeks later I bought one (not the same dealer but BMW approved used with all the extras I wanted and the optimum colour), the rest is ‘history’ as they say.
Will I miss the 63? Absolutely! However I won’t miss a few things- 212 63’s are in the territory of boy racers now financially and are being modified beyond recognition- the 213 is such a step forward the 212 (to me) was feeling less ‘special’- running costs couldn’t be ignored either (I now have £0 road tax and averaging atm 97 mpg!)
It’s not a car for the shy mind! Folks stop you to talk about it, they slow down to take pics on the road and generally stare at it. Quite special. Mercedes sadly don’t have anything like the i8 within my reach so (as I’ve posted elsewhere) this will likely be my last handle to be in supercar territory (without selling my house which SWMBO might object to!)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Was just time Andy....the panzer was an absolute beast of a car but I was at the cross roads- should I do more to it? Should I leave it and drive it accepting that the 213 version was depreciating the 212 further sadly...? Should I go for the 213 or an AMG GT. All these were options, the latter 2 quite ‘stretching’ financially . Then when looking at an AMG GT and not really making the figures add up, the same dealer had an i8....few weeks later I bought one (not the same dealer but BMW approved used with all the extras I wanted and the optimum colour), the rest is ‘history’ as they say.
Will I miss the 63? Absolutely! However I won’t miss a few things- 212 63’s are in the territory of boy racers now financially and are being modified beyond recognition- the 213 is such a step forward the 212 (to me) was feeling less ‘special’- running costs couldn’t be ignored either (I now have £0 road tax and averaging atm 97 mpg!)
It’s not a car for the shy mind! Folks stop you to talk about it, they slow down to take pics on the road and generally stare at it. Quite special. Mercedes sadly don’t have anything like the i8 within my reach so (as I’ve posted elsewhere) this will likely be my last handle to be in supercar territory (without selling my house which SWMBO might object to!)
I understand John, they are definitely an eye catcher. Hope you enjoy the new driving experience. Are you staying around the MB forum?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I understand John, they are definitely an eye catcher. Hope you enjoy the new driving experience. Are you staying around the MB forum?
Thanks! And they can’t get rid of me (I don’t think...:rolleyes:)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Thanks! And they can’t get rid of me (I don’t think...:rolleyes:)
I know you don't think...:rolleyes: look at your whip :p

And yes we can get rid of you... although questionable taste in automobiles isn't a rule breaker unfortunately (frantically re-writing the forum rules as I type... ;))

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom