Bluetooth w205 MY2019 tethering

staylorhome

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to successfully tether thier phone to audo 20 to allow internet access either by bluetooth or usb

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 A Class A200 AMG Line Executive
Managed it on mine (iPhone 7) by turning on the mobile hotspot. I think this is the only way it will work.
It is - on mine anyway - painfully slow.... zzzzzzz

OP
staylorhome

staylorhome

Reaction score
How do you then connect the car to the hotspot, i cannot see a setting

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On the iPhone, go to "Settings/Mobile Data" and switch on "Personal Hotspot". There will be a pre-configured password but my car didn't ask for it, yours may do.

Can't remember if I had the "Tel/Internet" settings open on the car? I have a feeling it just connected... you must be connected to the car via bluetooth though.

Let me know if it works for you!
Bob

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Sorry but I kept forgetting to check this out on my car. I think the simple answer is that you can't internet tether with Audio 20. I have checked the brochure for my GLC and it only shows this as an option with Comand Online.

If you have an Internet option (Globe symbol) on your menus along with Radio, Navigation etc, there is an option there in Settings to manage devices for internet connection but I don't think you will have that.

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry but I kept forgetting to check this out on my car. I think the simple answer is that you can't internet tether with Audio 20. I have checked the brochure for my GLC and it only shows this as an option with Comand Online.

If you have an Internet option (Globe symbol) on your menus along with Radio, Navigation etc, there is an option there in Settings to manage devices for internet connection but I don't think you will have that.

You can tether with Audio 20 - that's what I have in my C200. I don't have Comand Online.

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
I have had some success. You do indeed need to switch on HotSpot. On an iPhone this allows Bluetooth and USB to connect to the HotSpot and not just via Wi-Fi. When I last tried it (just the other day) it worked fine but on my new iPhone 8 (had a 6 up until last week) with Hotspot on and plugged in to the USB media socket it did not work.
However when it did, you got weather and something else I think. It is no great loss and I did not find it of much use.

Top Bottom