CLA 200 C117 Activating Apple CarPlay

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
I bought a CLA in October last year, or rather it was delivered. It was a dealer pre-ordered car so basically I got what they ordered. The only thing I required was the 7 speed DCT which I have.

Anyway as such it did not have Maps (obtained now from eBay) and CarPlay. I have seen an OBD device that will supposedly activate CarPlay (Apple & Android) providing the car has two USB's (one is used for the Media Interface).
Mine has these but I understand through the dealer it cannot be activated. Anybody with any experience of either MB activating it or the OBD device. I do intend to speak to my dealership today.
Thanks.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I bought a CLA in October last year, or rather it was delivered. It was a dealer pre-ordered car so basically I got what they ordered. The only thing I required was the 7 speed DCT which I have.

Anyway as such it did not have Maps (obtained now from eBay) and CarPlay. I have seen an OBD device that will supposedly activate CarPlay (Apple & Android) providing the car has two USB's (one is used for the Media Interface).
Mine has these but I understand through the dealer it cannot be activated. Anybody with any experience of either MB activating it or the OBD device. I do intend to speak to my dealership today.
Thanks.
If you speak to your dealership, ask for their "Star Expert" who is probably the only one there that would understand your question. The lad at Southampton was very helpful when I spoke to him about Mercedes Me

steve gooding

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C220 Sport CDI estate
My 2012 w204 has a CarPlay button on the steering wheel, but when I press it, it tries to open the navigation, which I don’t have.
Is this what normally happens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MalcQV

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
I bought the OBD device for £60. I now have Apple CarPlay :)
Steve, I do not have a CarPlay button as such so cannot help you.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
My 2012 w204 has a CarPlay button on the steering wheel, but when I press it, it tries to open the navigation, which I don’t have.
Is this what normally happens?

There is no factory CarPlay for the W204. Do you have a picture of the button you are pressing?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I bought the OBD device for £60. I now have Apple CarPlay :)
Steve, I do not have a CarPlay button as such so cannot help you.

Happy days!

steve gooding

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C220 Sport CDI estate
There is no factory CarPlay for the W204. Do you have a picture of the button you are pressing?

Think I may be getting confused. The manual mentions CarPlay and shows this button, but I think it’s the voice activation button for the sat nav. It’s the button on the right of the wheel, just above the volume/mute buttons. When I press it, it tries to activate the navigation which i don’t have...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom