W211 washers stopped working Help please

janusrolex99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 W207 Cabriolet
Hi. My 2008 e320 estates washers have stopped working and caused an MOT to fail.
The pump is working ok and the water is pumping up to both jets. But nothing comes out of either jet! Its as if they have somehow shut down. Tried clearing the jets with the appropriate tool and also blowing through with an airline. Really got me puzzled. Any help greatly appreciated.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
OP
janusrolex99

janusrolex99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 W207 Cabriolet
Have you any idea why they would have stopped spraying when water is pumped well up to them?
I have no idea. It’s as if they shut off. I don’t suppose the power to the jets could be a factor?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The power to the jets is for the heating in them.

IF you disconnect the pipe from the pump and actuate it, do you get a good flow from the pump?

Likewise, when you blow an air line through the jets, do you actually get air from the other end?

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
... Tried clearing the jets with the appropriate tool and also blowing through with an airline. Really got me puzzled. Any help greatly appreciated.

Which way did you blow? Through the jet down to the pump, or the other way around?
If you did the first - which is the best way to dislodge any deposits, short of removing the jets themselves - you need to unclip the line at the pump end before doing so.

It also pays dividends to filter any topup liquid through a fine strainer when refilling the reservoir. Maybe any previous owner has failed to do this and you're now paying the price.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom