2005 E55 amg Battery

littlewimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 55 Amg
Hi All and a Happy New Year, have a new battery ready to fit but i cant seem to open the boot not even with the Key, so i'm hoping that there's a point other than in the Boot that i can connect a trickle charger, i know on other cars there's sometimes a live terminal under the Bonnet but cant seem to see anything.did think about using one of the 12 volt sockets but don't think they power up until cars running, any help would be great.

OP
L

littlewimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 55 Amg
Removed Passengers front carpet and not much under there, cant find anything under the Bonnet either. it is a late 2005Car not sure if that Makes a difference ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hi
Maybe we should concentrate on trying to get your boot open
So what’s happening with the key? Has the lock decided not to work through lack of use?

OP
L

littlewimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 55 Amg
Not Sure John, key goes is as normal and turns but its not operating anything. i've used it in the Past with no issues. going to take a look now.

OP
L

littlewimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 55 Amg
Managed to get a connection off the alternator so its taking a Charge, hopefully within a few hours i should be able to gain access to Boot , fit the new battery and address the key entry issue. Thanks

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Managed to get a connection off the alternator so its taking a Charge, hopefully within a few hours i should be able to gain access to Boot , fit the new battery and address the key entry issue. Thanks
Spray some lube into the boot lock as well buddy

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As Wighty, maybe first start with plus gas into the lock , slipping in with the key as it were. Might be the components are in the wrong position and need released. Try pressing down in the boot lid whilst doing it too. Proactive maintenance to make sure you can access the boot for situations like this...(ask me how I know!):)

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Not sure what I’ve done with the pictures. The brass terminal is under a plastic cap with a big “positive” symbol on. The other brass post is identical to this one and above the suspension strut on the near side again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom