Download Manager

ordessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
Trust me! NOTHING with the Audio 20 /Garmin map pilot stuff is easy! - I've been battling for years to get live traffic to work... given up as clearly the cards on the net must have something stripped out of them...
If I could get android Auto on my 65Plate Merc B class I'd be a happy bunny - then I can use Waze on it rather than via my phone. But I dont think I dare risk the "imported" OBDII plug in updates... I cant imagine how complex a downgrade of s/w would be - or even if anyone in most centres have got the knowledge. (No disrespect...but I find their lack of knowledge of the systems shocking!)
Steve

Erzen Tota

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class C220D AMG Line 2016

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
When I purchased the car my wife and I were specifically told that it came with 3 years map updates and 3 years traffic info. I did not realize that Mercedes were so troublesome.

They lied to you, COMAND comes with 3 years free map updates, but Garmin map pilot SD cards can only be updated to the latest maps within 60 days from when you first registered the SD card. After that, you can update the operating system only, not the maps. Live traffic should be there for 3 years, but it only appears to work with the original SD card. The dealers are hopeless & don't appear to understand anything about Sat Nav systems.

We lost live traffic when we updated our SD card and have been to the dealers twice who tell us we don't have a subscription, that's why it doesn't work. We've told them till blue in the face that the car came with 3 years live traffic from new, but they just say it has no subscription.

ordessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
They lied to you, COMAND comes with 3 years free map updates, but Garmin map pilot SD cards can only be updated to the latest maps within 60 days from when you first registered the SD card. After that, you can update the operating system only, not the maps. Live traffic should be there for 3 years, but it only appears to work with the original SD card. The dealers are hopeless & don't appear to understand anything about Sat Nav systems.

We lost live traffic when we updated our SD card and have been to the dealers twice who tell us we don't have a subscription, that's why it doesn't work. We've told them till blue in the face that the car came with 3 years live traffic from new, but they just say it has no subscription.

Have you checked on Mercedes Me about this.. Dealers dont seem to have a clue about it..
Otherwise log a case with Mercedes tech via their website they might help you. If its a pukka (not amazon/ebay) card it should allow you to see whether the Live traffic has been expired...and then take it up with them.
Very few dealerships seem to have the knowledge (or the time) to sort it I regret to say.
Some people have been lucky
Steve

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2018 A Class A200 AMG Line Executive
But why is there no working programme for the Mac platform?

I managed to find one a few months back which does not do anything but ask me to login - with what ID I ask? Tried everything I thought was relevant of course.

I’m a retired IT manager so know my way around these sort of things but gave up in the end!

ordessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
But why is there no working programme for the Mac platform?

I managed to find one a few months back which does not do anything but ask me to login - with what ID I ask? Tried everything I thought was relevant of course.

I’m a retired IT manager so know my way around these sort of things but gave up in the end!

Cant help you on the Mac version..- but the login (if you are talking about on the app) just use x and y as the password - or anyhting else...
Steve

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cant help you on the Mac version..- but the login (if you are talking about on the app) just use x and y as the password - or anyhting else...
Steve

Thanks Steve, I tried various and random login names and passwords and it just comes back asking again. Beginning to think I should get out more... :)

belongabob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just downloaded an update. Same result - Login Server is busy, please try later... Tried login as DLM/DLM too as Mercedes suggest. :-(

SHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 AMG Convertible 3.0L 4MATIC AWD 2018
Thanks for the link yellowhillman. I have downloaded and checked my Garmin SD card. Just info for others, this application also needs Adobe AIR, which should get auto installed with this SD map downloader program so do not worry if you see this new addition to your installed programs.

I just need to add back my Safety Cams. Thanks

Erzen Tota

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class C220D AMG Line 2016
So, I have updated my SD card version V5.2 Map 5.0 (Europe 2015/2016) to the latest version and it appears that only the firmware has been updated to V12.0 but the maps remain 2015/2016. How stupid is that. When using it, the interface has changed for better in my opinion but it still remains pretty useless on what is supposed to do. Shows wrong ETAs, it shows my jurney home about 9 miles more (30 miles from 21) as it shows to go all the way don the A40 to Hanger lane and comes back on itself to Greenford!!!
Latest SD with latest maps is £40!!!

ordessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
So, I have updated my SD card version V5.2 Map 5.0 (Europe 2015/2016) to the latest version and it appears that only the firmware has been updated to V12.0 but the maps remain 2015/2016. How stupid is that. When using it, the interface has changed for better in my opinion but it still remains pretty useless on what is supposed to do. Shows wrong ETAs, it shows my jurney home about 9 miles more (30 miles from 21) as it shows to go all the way don the A40 to Hanger lane and comes back on itself to Greenford!!!
Latest SD with latest maps is £40!!!

Its stupid and archaic!

Scucc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a180 16
Hi All i am new to the forum. I purchased my 16 plate a Class in september last year and the live services on the SD card is due to expire on 29/7. I contacted the dealer who advises that i can purchase a new SD card that will have updated maps and live services for around £100 all in. Is this something new as the threads i have been reading on this matter seems to suggest that you update the SD card? Can anyone advise please?

SHA

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 AMG Convertible 3.0L 4MATIC AWD 2018
Can anyone let me know what the latest map version and firmware version is for the Garmin Map Pilot. For info mine shows:

SatNav model: Garmin Map Pilot, NTG5Star1
Software: V13.0, SW 60.51, 18/48.00, E59.3
Text: 2.0 British English, Audio: 2.3 British English Serena
Map: 2019 (V12.0 Europe)

Is this the latest as of 3-7-19?

Thanks
Steve

PATRICK J MORIARTY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2017 2200
Well done, yellowhillman! A brilliant bit of detective work on your part. As you say, Mercedes seem to want to make it difficult for us, their customers. Anyway, I've installed the new version (3.0.09) of the Updater software and am now in the process of updating my SD card. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi
I wonder if you had any problems with the update. I have also downloaded the version 3 software and it then recognizes the sim card and seemingly sets off with the update. However after several hours and with several of the display lines showing 100% it then sits there. At this stage i have no idea if it is complete or what state it is. When eventually i put it in the car it says no maps.
Any help would be appreciated

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Any problems I had updating were fixed in windows 10 by running the program in compatability mode, but even after that, I think running Waze on your smartphone is the best way to do it. Manufacturer sat navs are becoming a complete waste of time when your phone does it all easier for free, and is always up to date.

PATRICK J MORIARTY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 2017 2200
Hi
Thanks for your response but still not working. I now have a sim card which allegedly has the latest map on after installing Version 3 but now says in the car No Map. When i try again on my desktop it now longer wants to do an update but a restore. I have the car booked in for Monday but i wait to be convinced. Its a 2017 C Class and has 3 years maps so i sure as hell don't intend paying.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi
Thanks for your response but still not working. I now have a sim card which allegedly has the latest map on after installing Version 3 but now says in the car No Map. When i try again on my desktop it now longer wants to do an update but a restore. I have the car booked in for Monday but i wait to be convinced. Its a 2017 C Class and has 3 years maps so i sure as hell don't intend paying.
COMAND or Garmin?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom