What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Heaven.
View attachment 84321

First time out in 6 months and it started 1st time.
Giving it a nice airing now. I'd forgotten how lovely it feels. Everything built up to a standard not down to a price.
My wife’s recently deceased aunt’s property is going up for sale next week. Located in the hills outside Nice if you’re interested;). Will probably be a bargain for someone as none of the beneficiaries are around to make sure they get a good price. Inheritance taxes and the laws around inheritances in France seem crazy (wife’s part will be taxed at 50%).

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Booked 'Old B’ in for new rear springs. They are doing me a favour and fitting us in next week, Everywhere seems to be very busy. Potholes are good for business. £300-00 for both sides. I’m suspect I could have got it cheaper but they were recommended by a friend and were very helpful compared to others I phoned.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Booked with Autoglass for windscreen replacement. Apparently "the job is too complicated to do at home" due to safety camera dab and rain sensors requiring recalibration, so I need to make my way to a Sainsbury's Homebase carpark for the work to be carried out!

Seems that these pop up tents in carparks are technically sophisticated, anyone had experience of Autoglass doing this?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Booked with Autoglass for windscreen replacement. Apparently "the job is too complicated to do at home" due to safety camera dab and rain sensors requiring recalibration, so I need to make my way to a Sainsbury's Homebase carpark for the work to be carried out!

Seems that these pop up tents in carparks are technically sophisticated, anyone had experience of Autoglass doing this?

Autoglass did mine at the end of last year but at one of their workshops because of ADAS recalibration. Fortunately, their place is about 7 miles from me.

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
Autoglass did mine at the end of last year but at one of their workshops because of ADAS recalibration. Fortunately, their place is about 7 miles from me.
I'd be surprised if they can do that in a Sainsbury car park so SL500AMGSPORT will have to then take it to get his ADAS recalibrated.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I'd be surprised if they can do that in a Sainsbury car park so SL500AMGSPORT will have to then take it to get his ADAS recalibrated.
They said go to carpark as only there can they recalibrate...

After some googling it appears they setup in the carpark without planning permission, applied for it retrospectively and were turned down by the Council a year ago. Surprised they are still operating there!

FlorinM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C250 CDI Amg Sport Edition (Premium Plus)
Tried to remove the connector from the brake vacuum sensor on my c204, to spray it contact cleaner.
I gave up after 10 minutes of fiddling with 2 flat head screwdrivers, and went back to the research phase.:rolleyes:

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Came across the old battery I had consigned to the barn about 31/2 years ago when I was getting a few odd errors which a new one cured (!). Just decided to put a meter on it before scrapping it. It was still giving just over 6 volts. Put it on the charger on repair mode and its now sitting at 12.4 volts and almost a full charge after sitting off charge overnight. The surprising thing is that it was the original battery in the car so is 19 years old.
Will use it in the winter to power the diesel heater if I ever have to use it without power:)

Top Bottom