Yet another car we are looking at today

merc7

Reaction score
Hi lynn lovely car but too expensive imho,if you prepared to pay that kind of money i think A class agility the way forward!!, as few members advised:D:D
good luck

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Looks a minter

That does look very nice. At 6ft 6in and 18.5 Stone the A Class has never held much interest for me, but I can still appreciate a well cared for vehicle.

Benzman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43 coupe
I feel that the 1.7 engine is too feeble to make the auto box feasible. The 7 speed box will constantly hunt on undulating countryside and this will effect fuel consumption.- not for me thanks.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I feel that the 1.7 engine is too feeble to make the auto box feasible. The 7 speed box will constantly hunt on undulating countryside and this will effect fuel consumption.- not for me thanks.

I agree. With a petrol engine this can be a problem in marginal conditions - loaded, at about the change up speed, hilly road.

Earlier comment tended to suggest that the 180 Diesel has similar problems, but I would be surprised if that was true. For diesels, torque is the key component, and there is lots of it on quite a wide rev range.

Diesel automatics tend to be restful competent performers but can be jolly quick when called upon. I do not indulge in "Traffic Light Grand Prix", but without trying I am always impressed by how quickly the car in my mirror shrinks!

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
It's really hard trying to find the right car :(

We went for this because it's got the spec we are looking for. I'm not bothered about the size of the engine as I don't drive fast. We used to have a 1.4 auto years ago and I was fine with that.

We did wonder if it was priced a bit high though. Keith phoned a little while ago to say he thinks the car is nice and apparently the guy wanted to buy our C Class too. If we hadn't already taken a deposit on it we could have just done a swap and got some money back too :p

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Not sure what a CVT is :confused:

I'd love to be able to afford to buy a car with Park Assist but having looked on the Mercedes site they are quite a new feature and we are really going beyond what we wanted to pay already.

Now if the Park Assist did every type of parking I would be more interested, although still wouldn't be able to afford one. With me it's not so much the parallel parking as the other type I have problems with, not sure what you call it, but like the kind you get in supermarket carparks :p

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's the one thanks :D:D:D

I'm really crap at that :shock:

I've been known to get out the driver's seat and get Keith to take over :shock:

Always look for the "through parking" opportunity Lyn. Two bays, end to end, drive in the one nearer one, and park in the further away bay, ready to drive off. No reversing required.

Some people say that they don't do this as an other car car park behind them and make it difficult to put shopping in the boot. Well, it is a possibility, but I think the benefits of "drive through" outweigh any downside, especially at my age. And if you can choose a bay of this sort with a lamppost or bollard on the right, it will ensure that no one parks so close on your right as to cause difficulty getting back into your car.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I believe it is called 'Bay Parking'

last person i saw trying to 'bay park' ended up having their car towed back out as it got surrounded by the sea!

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Good advice, thank you Alex :D

I like Easter Sunday, it's the only day you can go into a supermarket car park and it's totally empty and just so easy to park. However the downside is that the shops are all closed :shock:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good advice, thank you Alex :D

I like Easter Sunday, it's the only day you can go into a supermarket car park and it's totally empty and just so easy to park. However the downside is that the shops are all closed :shock:

So what? You will have had the unalloyed joy of perfect parking!

J400uk

Reaction score
Looks nice, and I'd say its priced fairly for a 56-reg A170 Auto of that specification. FWIW Glass guide says its got a retail value of £10,500 and a trade value of £8630, thats before taking the options such as the 17" alloys and sports pack into consideration.

Let us know how you get on ;)

OP
littlebrooklyn

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Looks nice, and I'd say its priced fairly for a 56-reg A170 Auto of that specification. FWIW Glass guide says its got a retail value of £10,500 and a trade value of £8630, thats before taking the options such as the 17" alloys and sports pack into consideration.

Let us know how you get on ;)

Well he's put a deposit on it so I guess we are going to buy it :D

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom