Service history how to get?

ianrandom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1986 420SE, 1990 420SEC, 1989 2cv6.
I bought my car from a nice old guy who had lost everything service history related. Is there any way i can get the service history?

I asked Mercedes Stuttgart when i was getting the build sheet from them, they very politely said the car could have been serviced anywhere so they couldnt help with that.
My local dealer says there is no central record of such things, so they could only help if it had been serviced there. I get on well with them and they have been really helpful, but i cant believe there isnt a central Mercedes record of such things?

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how i might be able to get these details? I know it was serviced by Alan Day in Mayfair at one point as there is an old sticker, but this dealer doesnt seem to exist any longer. It was well looked after at one point, so i'd really like to have this info if i can.

Ps its an '86 W126 420SE.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I went to a main Mercedes dealership in Scotland and enquired about the service history of a vehicle I was going to look at in Manchester, they were most helpful and when I arrived to see the vehicle I knew more about it than the vendor

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Interesting that some dealers will give the info, and others will not. When I tried to get info on my car, I was told that the dealer that did the work might give the info, they could not

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
When I was speaking to the vendor he couldn't believe I knew so much about the vehicle he had owned for 2 years. I was armed with the service history, recalls that had been done, one recall that was still to be done (and he knew about) and I even knew what warranty work had been done.

Armed with this sort of information makes for a great bargaining tool

OP
I

ianrandom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1986 420SE, 1990 420SEC, 1989 2cv6.
Hmm i guess that car was a lot newer then? Funny how we hear different things about it.

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
I bought my car from a nice old guy who had lost everything service history related

This chap does get about!

I believe that Rivervale in Brighton (now Mercedes of Brighton) destroyed all their old service records when taken over by a PLC. That's all the history of all the cars they'd sold till about 2000. They also put a fair proportion of the slow-shifting spares stock in a skip

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom