Have you had a problem that has been fixed by a forum post?

beccy

MBO Membership Secretary
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Hi All,

Have you had a problem that has been fixed by a forum post?

We would love to hear your stories of any problems you have experienced that may have baffled you, which has been resolved by a post on the forum, or by receiving great advice from another forum member.

Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Beccy :)

C

creepy coupe

I recently asked advice on a problem with a rear quarter window on our SLK. I received first class tech help from Malc. AKA Television.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I've had lots of very helpful advice over the years. My very first post, which was quite a few years ago, was prompted by an electrical fault with our car on the very first day we purchased it and was solved in no time by all the wonderful people on here :D:D:D

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I've had some issues which I've received some very good pointers for on this forum and (dare I say) the other side too. In fact, in the last 6 or so years, I've learned a heck of a lot about the brand, the cars, what to look out for etc. and the knowledge has been absoultely invaluable. It certainly has given me a lot of confidence and knowledge of what to do in the event of most issues experienced so far (and those which I haven't yet, as well). My experience of buying and owning my Mercs has been greatly enhanced as a result !

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Within a couple of weeks of buying my first ever MB 3 1/2 years ago I found a problem, posted on here - and within a day I had the solution (MAF failure on a W203 c270). Since then I've had loads of advice and assistance - which helped immensly when negotaiting the recent purchase of the S204. For example, I knew that approaching 4 years old, the car would require not just a B service but also brake fluid, fuel filter etc, and was able to get the full service included in the sticker price - saving myself possibly £6-700!

Triv

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A brace of s210 1998 e300 turborustbuckets. Toyota HiLux Surf kzn185 3.0L
I bought my shed with a few known faults but had already researched them on the internet.
The most comprehensive solutions were provided by this forum. Not only how to do it but also where to obtain the parts / materials to enable me to do it. Those issues enabled me to buy the car for less and fix them easily and cheaply.
In fact the only problem I now have with the car is the only one the forum doesn't have an answer for and that is how to fix the Really Unstoppable Surface Treatment that Mercedes-Benz saw fit to supply in copious amounts in the late '90s...
Oh and it never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort people on here donate for free, in order to help others, no matter how daft the question may seem at the time.
Well done forum.

hairyg

Reaction score
Website
www.vegetarian-and-low-calorie-recipes.com
Your Mercedes
R129 (1994) SL320
It was an intermittent fault that brought me to this forum in the first place. The advice provided helped to prevent the problem becoming serious and pointed to an eventual cure. I've stayed here ever since trying to give just a bit back of what I received.

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
too many to write about, this and a few other MB forums have been invaluable.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
One good reason I had for sticking with Mercs is this place (I don't use other MB forums cos I spend too much time here already).
Intelligent, mature and knowledgeable advice from people with much experience, and humour thrown in.
From learning what to /or not to buy, to fixing, maintaining and adding pretty bits, it's all here.

Oh, just one specific example of help I got was diagnoses of my inlet port shut off motor fault and talking me through replacing DIY.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I joined due to looking for a solution to a fault..
better service here than a dealership with more than enough solutions..
Independants also take the time to help which is just superb !

i think you can ask about anything whatsoever on this forum and there will always be an extremely knowledgable person to give advice !

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
My very first post was a question on how to remove the bumper on my E240 face lift and guess what...........................................Thanks Malcolm.:)

Mobius

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class/2004/200k
Yes, have had lots of great help and advice from forum members. Malcolm especially is responcible for helping me and countless others. Think he deserves an award.:D

peterwhayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 classic est 2000 2.4
My very first post was a question on how to remove the bumper on my E240 face lift and guess what...........................................Thanks Malcolm.:)

Would like to just add that because I only mentioned one solved problem, there has been others and they have been made simpler by just reading existing posts. This forum is an education to those like me that are practical but have had very little mechanical experience.On the other hand if you want a kitchen or bathroom fitted........... i'm your man.;)

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Hi,
Have solved both problems on my SL; ignition switch and headlamp wash, both easily and with little wasted time or expense. I have also thoroughly enjoyed working on this really well made 129 and look forward to doing further work, basic service and maybe remote opening soft top. No leaks for me during this drought !!!...
In reading other threads relevent to our cars have learned much more so thank you one and all for all the time and effort you put in. Hope to be of help one day for some-one.

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
lots and lots of good advise and help from Malc and the forum community on various MB's i have owned...., invaluable support! athough i do try and give some of my knowledge back to other members where i can ....

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
I have saved an a absolute fortune since i have been on the Forum, first class advice from everyone especially Malcolm, and i did not realise i had top MB indi Colin and Dave at M.B.S. right on my doorstep had i not found the Mercedes Benz Owners Forum...

Big thanks to you all.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I have saved an a absolute fortune since i have been on the Forum, first class advice from everyone especially Malcolm, and i did not realise i had top MB indi Colin and Dave at M.B.S. right on my doorstep had i not found the Mercedes Benz Owners Forum...

Big thanks to you all.

Getting the right answers is great.

Getting them at a price you can afford is a real bonus!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Yes I have and like others I have found the 'Watford TV Man' to be unswervingly helpful, add to that the pot pourri of all those others on here who are willing to offer their knowledge to help with our MB ownership issues makes this forum a worthy place to be.

There will always be someone who will do their best to provide a helpful suggestion/answer to the question or query you have and that also includes stuff other then MB motoring matters, cant get much better than that now can it.:cool:

I have had many snippets of information and guidance which help me continue to own and run my MB - such as draining oil the clean way just before taking the present Lady Wife out to 'Spud-u-Like' using the 'Pela' from S Speed Esquire to guidance and help in resolving a bl**dy annoying trim rattle from The TV man and much in between.

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom