A160

zackyboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a170
Hi, I have just purchased a a160 diesel. On driving it back I noticed a bas and esp message on the dash. the car does not seem to have a lot of power and was very laboured uphill. It did not seem to want to go over 2000rpm and 65mph.
I was informed that the power steering sometimes stops working but on travelling 40 miles, it worked very infrequently. The previous owner had a new pump from a mercedes garage fitted but this did not correct it.

As you can probably tell, I know very little about cars but I am worried that I will be damaging the car if I drive it.

I am reluctant to take it to a dealership as my wife is the only other person who I like to 'have my pants down'.

Oh, there is a srs message on the dash also.

Kyliewww

Reaction score
Website
www.dead-ringer.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
Sounds like you need to get the faults read and looked into.

Re. power steering, if it's had a new motor (it's an electric set-up) then hopefully there might be some guarantee with that; Do you have any receipts?

jumperjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E500 5.5 V8
HI,

Sorry about your purchase, I hope that you get it sorted out.

I have just had these symptoms, ABS / ESP and SRS warning lights, albeit on an E Class. It turned out to be no more than a faulty horn, you car needs to go on a STAR reader to determine the fault, it could be quite simple to fix!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom