Have you had a problem that has been fixed by a forum post?

HERBIEMERCMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97. E300.TD. 7 SEAT.ELEGANCE. EST.TOYOTA SUPRA MK4. RS. VAUX. CORSA.GLS AUTO. SPORT.
too much to list, but the ones that stand out on my w210. e-300 td. 7 seat eleg. est. are:
1. autobox service and fault finding.
2. info on which MAF(mass air flow sensor) to use.
3. how to blank off the EGR.(exh gas recirc valve).
4. how to replace swiper switch multi switching module for autobox etc.
5. how to service engine fuel injection pump.
6. how to replace fuel tank filters.
7. how to repair the SLS (self lev susp) with tandem pump.

also helped many members with their mech and electr problems.

HERBIEMERCMAN.

Last edited:

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
This Form is like many that I belong too, full of help from members that do this literally out of love for their cars. Some people on these sites always and I mean ALWAYS help and reply to please of help without any thought of reward. I would thanks all of them no matter which forum they belong too, without them the forum(s) would cease to exist.

Ian

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
Yes, Malcolm and others have been helpful> i Have even stuck my assistance in to help at certain times too. Great place.

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I have had loads of help on this forum since I joined in April 2009.
I keep forgetting to put a "Thank you" on this section of the forum and so I really mean THANK YOU..
The latest help has been the O ring replacement in the fuel lines..
Before that was the Rain sensing wiper retro fit..
Before that Retro fitting COMAND .. The list goes on..

Thanks again everyone..:)

ozamgcls

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS63,Mods. NTG2.5,linguatronic,2010 tailights,2010 grille,MB Wi Fi Hotspot, AMG illuminated sills
I had huge problems with illuminated sills and Cleverdicky sorted them out when the dealers were clueless . He certainly knows his stuff . THANKYOU:)

BullyFooked

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2 x 230CE 1982
Drive Shafts and Forums

Forum and YouTube. Made it a twenty minute job to get my 123 series drive shafts off the car when I thought there was so much to do - just drop the diff down a bit - . Fantastic. Another issue was how to change the rubbers on the drive shafts with no obvious way to get a UJ off. Chap said put a collar on one end, rest the collar on the vice jaws and hit it. shaft dropped out. Just the ticket. Couldn't so much so quickly and safely without forums but then I have read some shockers particularly from the USA.

MERC210

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B CLASS 200 CDI AND e 320 cdi sln 2006 facelift
General Help keep it going

For advice on all my problems I have found Alex Crow and Malcolm to be savers in the running cost for many years keep it going as without guys like you us mb ers would be lost thank you and others that have given me advice in the past :eek:

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
yEAH ! of course ! With Malc's knowledge I could apply for a pHD Mechanical for Mercedes Benz:D

at least theoretically :cool:

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Here's my latest. I queried why the B service indicator was on so soon. Several solutions were suggested. Malcolm suggested removing and draining the oil filter, then re-filling with a few drops of fresh oil, which I did. The result, bingo - job done, problem solved, warning has gone away.

If it comes back, I will employ option B, re-set indicator, again a suggestion I received on here.

Blaze_One

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350/2003/3.7 & ML250 (W166) - FULLY LOADED! :)
Where to start!!! I became a member a day before I bought my SL R230 and from the first minute to the current...everyone has been amazingly helpful and supportive (especially in my attempt to get my 2nd SBC pump replaced FOC from MB - first FOC replacement failed less then 6months on having installed by MB)

a BIG THANK YOU to one and all but a special thanks must go to Malcolm whose knowledge, expertise and help has been invaluable. Thank you Malcolm aka Television.

c15htn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'00 A208 CLK320 Convertible.
Every problem and niggle and worry (I am a worrier! :rolleyes: ) have been fixed or reassured or calmed down by these guys on the forum! :D:lol:

Thanks everyone :p

shah2105

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C240 Sport W202 1999 (Obsidian Black)
With the help of the members here, I have solved so many niggling issues and learnt so much in the process.
I am lucky enough not to have any major issues with my v6 w202 just the common faults like suspension bushes, cluster bulbs, pixels, heater blower motor, Atf change, oil cooler seals etc...

I wonder what I would do without this forum.

Love this forum

DickBrowne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250cdi
I have - my E250 has a rough-running issue when cold, after some searching around and a direct question in a post, it seems that my car is affected by a recall to replace the injectors and loom. Fingers crossed that'll fix it :)

Steve_bm6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CL500 AMG styling, 1988 XJ-S convertible, 1986 Bitter SC
today - bought another CL500 with a few minor issues due to new battery fitment - central locking (fuse), got on the boot (fuse) and soft close (fuse). Easy when you know how........

mike ml smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270cdi '04
Had a problem with fuel gauge not giving correct reading.

Rectified with the reset by fuse option got on this forum

Can't fault it!

mitie 1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes 2002 320
hi no i have probs with a 30 w210 put a few probs on site no answer cheers .tom:(

Richard44

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl55 03 amg
Richard44

Been looking for a sl55 for a while, was worried about problems and cost with owning a supercar. Not anymore after going through this members forum. Now know what to look for with regards to potential problems, and resolutions. I've looked at some stunning cars from the outside, but found some hidden problems that i would not have known about, without reading your post. So thankyou for giving me conviednce to buy the car o my dreams, which should be soon.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom