Wish things were better

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fortunately he still has his licence at the moment. I've been talking to him about how he can fight the battle to keep it. We've also started making plans for if we lose that battle.

When I visited Malcolm last time, I suggested getting a signed assessment from IAM (or similar body), unfortunately I do not have any contacts there, but perhaps some other members do? Is this is something that can be requested?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I have a feeling that IAM and Roadar (Rospa) will steer clear of anything they view as fitness to drive and rather focus on driving ability and skills which is not in doubt here.I will certainly ask the question of my local organisation of IAM though- i am a member

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just found out that my my old computer plays back the kingston USB perfectly, all in the right order, but my newer one that is used for sending out information are all wrong in the wrong order, so the USB is ok, I just cannot get round this.

I used to send out as many as 50 in a day, so why should this happen, as said the USB has not changed

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I'm sure Brendan will sort it out for you Malcolm...

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just found out that my my old computer plays back the kingston USB perfectly, all in the right order, but my newer one that is used for sending out information are all wrong in the wrong order, so the USB is ok, I just cannot get round this.

I used to send out as many as 50 in a day, so why should this happen, as said the USB has not changed

Malcolm, how are these files listed in your old computer - i.e. by name, or date of creation, etc?

Perhaps it's just a matter of selecting a preferred viewing option (not familiar with Windows, I'm afraid)?

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Malcolm, you are focussing on unimportant things!! Your main focus MUST be on your health, both physical and mental. if a UBb stick does not wish to play - well, TT!! A member has already said he will sort it. You're back with us, that's fantastic, but it will take a while for you to be back helping all and sundry as you're used to doing. After what you've been through, I believe the phrase is "baby steps"!!

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

Sounds like it could simply be that the sort order is different.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a feeling that IAM and Roadar (Rospa) will steer clear of anything they view as fitness to drive and rather focus on driving ability and skills which is not in doubt here.I will certainly ask the question of my local organisation of IAM though- i am a member

Of course, but a positive assessment of driving ability and skills, from a professional body, is exactly what might be missing during the decision making by people, who will be basically guessing an impact of a condition and the treatment on such an ability.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Hi,
Great to see you posting again Malcolm. Take it easy and the muddied waters of the mind will clear, like many here who have benefitted from your help, I'm glad you are on the mend.

Best Wishes
Steve

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
good to see you back Malcolm
as others have already said it sounds like the sort order of your files on the USB stick are different on the different pc's, you can sort by date, file size and other options in Windows File Explorer

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I'll pop round today at lunchtime Malcolm and have a look at that USB stick for you.
Probably only take a minute or two.

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll pop round today at lunchtime Malcolm and have a look at that USB stick for you.
Probably only take a minute or two.
It works perfect on my old computer, just it will be all shown in the date order that is no use on my newer one

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Ah... at the top of the file listing there are columns - click on the one called 'Name' if its in reverse order click it again.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yep, that's what I thought :geek:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Music is very good for brain "exercise", because it does it withiout you having to consciously think about it.

OP
television

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Alistair its all working so I can send out what members need.:)

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Hi Malcolm
Very nice to see you back.

On the positive side my mother had a cancer op at the age of 91, and it impacted her short term memory pretty badly.
She was very depressed; being a Cambridge Grad she hated it.

I popped over to see her one day, only to be greeted by a pretty stunning Half German half Ukrainian euro babe. I was a tad phased, when she said she was living there!

It transpired mum had decided to let this girl (who was a friend of one of her carers) live in her house, as she couldnt afford a decent place in Surrey; in return for speaking German with her. Mum had this idea to learn German as a brain exerciser. No kidding. We were a tad bemused to say the least. But Within 9 months mum was speaking Basic German, and her short term memory gradually came back. :):)

Maybe you should get one of those installed! Even if you never learnt a word of German or whatever, I am sure the "Eye Candy" would have compensated :):):)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
as others have said, take it easy and ease yourself back into things without overdoing it.

and welcome back. its good to see you back on here!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom