Roof problems

Oakesy320

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 320 clk conv
I've found a long plastic clip on the shelf where the roof folds down into on the nearside, a guy said to me if I replace it my roof should work. Everything works fine regarding windows and headrests but the light on the roof switch just flashes and I can hear what sounds like a faint click from behind my head also on the nearside, I've put a brand new battery on the car a few months ago to help matters hopefully

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Sounds like it could be the sliding part of the microswitch that is clipped onto the roof ram on the nearside back corner. If it has come apart it will stop the roof operation. The shiny chrome rod of the ram should be visible on the drivers side if you look in the very back corner of the rear side window, but it should be covered by a plastic strip on the nearside. If you can see shiny chrome both sides you have found the problem

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Its a limit switch for the soft top.

The roof uses limit switches to sequence and know exactly the position of the roof so it can release catches, lift bows etc. If one of the limit switches breaks then it cant sequence and therefore the roof will stop as it doesn't know its position.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom