Problem with transmission B180 2011

joaken

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180 2011
This morning had a transmission problem on the dashboard and very jerky drive. The car an automatic has only 27000 on the clock.
MB dealer did something and said if it apppears again will need the gear box replaced for 1200 total.
An independent MB suggested repair but will need to send it back to MB and not guaranteed and will take a week for 500.
Any ideas. I cant beleive but it appears from reading that it is a common problem. I cant believe that MB is charging so much and a reputed car that fails so easily!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I expect the dealer cleared the fault codes and gave the worst case scenario of replacing the whole transmission.
Easier and more profit for them when possibly only needs the electroplate within the gearbox changed which is circa the amount your indy mentions.
I would ask the indy exactly what he is going to do and why he has to return it to the dealer for anything?

OP
J

joaken

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180 2011
I expect the dealer cleared the fault codes and gave the worst case scenario of replacing the whole transmission.
Easier and more profit for them when possibly only needs the electroplate within the gearbox changed which is circa the amount your indy mentions.
I would ask the indy exactly what he is going to do and why he has to return it to the dealer for anything?
I gave the car to the dealer who quoted 802 for part MA169 370 11 06/88 and a total £1173 and now has upped it to 1400 for changing the valve body gear box!!!

OP
J

joaken

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180 2011
I gave the car to the dealer who quoted 802 for part MA169 370 11 06/88 and a total £1173 and now has upped it to 1400 for changing the valve body gear box!!!
Personally I will nvever buy a Mercedes. Inspite its goody goody ads their reliabilty has gone down over the years.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
I guess as cars become more and more technical they become more prone to issues.

I have not seen where Mercedes are ranked for reliability but from memory they are reasonable and certainly no worse than other brands like BMW.

I'm on my second E Class, had a couple of issues with the Hybrid but nothing serious, my current E class is over a year old and has been faultless.

As AMGeed said the worse case scenario may be used as until the car is with them difficult to be sure.

Any way let's hope it's an easy fix.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

Why use the dealer when the labour charges alone are at least double an indy?
Did you ask what part is costing £802?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom