Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
fc8997d59bff9aba4e57f13027a8e953.jpg

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)

Ha Ha

But which polly tishun is worse (or by inference lied less): the one who decided to change everything so the kids should pay for their further education and engineered a loan fund where they now pay 6.5 percent (!) interest and end up owing £50K or more (and latest observation is that that in itself is a major issue because less than half will ever be repaid, apparently - so we'll be picking up the cost starting next year anyway) or the one who intends to fund it out of "smoke and mirror" taxes that everyone knows they will end up paying in the long run?

But the result of the general election showed the Tory party where they really stand at present - after imposing their version of "the good of the country" (and "We're all in this together" when we plainly are not!) which we had no option but to accept for more than ten years so then the worm started to turn... Therefore we won't have another election in the near future because it's quite liable to put Corbyn into No 10

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Poland under Article 7 of the EU Treaty

That innocuous title hides a potentially very big, and very destructive step. The EU members are considering stripping Poland of its voting rights on EU matters due to changes that are argued to imperial the independent of the Polish judiciary.

Whilst I can't comment on whether those changes really would imperil that independence, I think that to even think about doing something like that is the political equivalent of pulling the pin on a hand grenade! I can well imagine the reaction of the Polish government would be visceral, extreme and disruptive. Things like pulling out of the EU come to mind.

I don't think that those considering such a step have really thought through the consequences of their actions for the future of the EU.

They've thought through what they think will be the consequences of their actions. What they haven't thought through is the actual consequences of their actions. By that I mean a political reaction so violent that it destroys the EU. Brexit has already severely weakened the institution. Poland leaving, which could be a real consequence of this would stand a very real chance of bringing the whole rotten edifice crashing down.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That article was doing so well till the 4th to last word. Emotive language prejudices the writers viewpoint.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That article was doing so well till the 4th to last word. Emotive language prejudices the writers viewpoint.
But it's a non-starter anyway: Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has stated that he would veto any attempt to sanction Poland. UK is still an EU member - what's our position on it?

nicholas15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s class w221 - 2012 350 Bluetec, SL500 r230 2003
Economics are important, but so is sovereignty. Or do we think a benign dictatorship by the European Commission is better than self determination if we are better off (or not) in an economic sense.
Still, interesting analysis of trade issues.
But why is MB held to account on pollution by local regulatory authorities rather than Brussels machinery? Isn't a valid arguement for Brussels that it can "police" goods sold on a EU wide basis.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Some well thought out reasoning there from a Sun or Mail journalist. Or more possibly from a budding half the story tory journalist.. Then you read it, and repost it, without even giving a thought to the mathematics applied to the story..in this case none.... If you can publish facts and figures from 10 years hence if the policies that the story speaks of were in force, then see if your writers silly forethoughts were to ring true. Its like predicting the effects of Brexit. No one really knows.
Oh dear Lord save us its Lord Ashcroft on Twitter .. and you thought it was worthy of reposting on here...

Last edited:

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
No, the point is that you were all portraying Corbyn as a shining bastion of honest politics when in reality he's just the same as any other policitian who makes promises they either can't or don't need to fulfill in order to garner votes. Fair play to him, he did it well but please don't try and tell me he is anything special or different to the rest of the crop.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Some well thought out reasoning there from a Sun or Mail journalist. Or more possibly from a budding half the story tory journalist.. Then you read it, and repost it, without even giving a thought to the mathematics applied to the story..in this case none.... If you can publish facts and figures from 10 years hence if the policies that the story speaks of were in force, then see if your writers silly forethoughts were to ring true. Its like predicting the effects of Brexit. No one really knows.
Oh dear Lord save us its Lord Ashcroft on Twitter .. and you thought it was worthy of reposting on here...

You obviously can't seperate a joke from reality can you? Don't worry though, Corbyn, through his own admission, didn't have a clue how much his student bribe was going to cost anyway. Labour couldn't run a bath. let alone the country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4722162/Corbyn-admits-no-cost-wiping-student-debts.html
http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...udent-debt-U-turn-Jeremy-Corbyn-Labour-Tories
http://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-i-never-promised-to-abolish-student-debt-10958430
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...tion-fees-pledge-angela-rayner-says-no-plans/
https://www.theguardian.com/educati...corbyn-denies-promising-to-wipe-student-debts

Oh, and before dismissing the sources as being right wing lies, even the heavily biased left leaning BBC recorded it with Andrew Marr.

Back to Brexit...........

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Corbyn should resign over that. Total bare-faced lie to his key voter demographic.

That's what he would say in the House were it to be hanging over his opponents...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Yeah but politicians always work on the do as I say not as I do principle.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah but politicians always work on the do as I say not as I do principle.
Oh I know, he just grips my shoite particularly even amongst politicians!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A bit like Farage and me then!
And Farage and moi, never liked him either. I just regard Corbyn as more dangerous given his position...

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Farage served one purpose worth mentioning. His drive to push through Brexit. I'm not sure the vote to leave would have happened without his incessant campaigning. For this alone I thank him.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
The Times
The fate of euro clearing in London will hang in the balance until the final outcome of the Brexit negotiations is known, the governor of the Central Bank of Ireland has said. In an interview with The Times in Dublin, Philip Lane noted that as things stand, Britain and the EU operate under the same regulatory regime. "The question is once Brexit has occurred what type of understandings can be developed between the UK and the EU," Mr Lane said. "The European Commission’s position [on euro clearing] turns on this point and that is the importance of location. It is not going to be important if the regulatory systems are going to be similar."

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The Times
The fate of euro clearing in London will hang in the balance until the final outcome of the Brexit negotiations is known, the governor of the Central Bank of Ireland has said. In an interview with The Times in Dublin, Philip Lane noted that as things stand, Britain and the EU operate under the same regulatory regime. "The question is once Brexit has occurred what type of understandings can be developed between the UK and the EU," Mr Lane said. "The European Commission’s position [on euro clearing] turns on this point and that is the importance of location. It is not going to be important if the regulatory systems are going to be similar."

Bets?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Interesting notes about Germany and Brexit with the Royal visit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40683091

William said ".... I'm sure we will remain the best of friends"....
The Director of the German council for foreign relations, Daniela Schwarzer, said: "Policymakers in Berlin are surprised and worried at the degree of confusion in London, the lack of clarity as to the strategy the UK wants to follow. "There is a lot surprise about how the negotiations are being handled and the somewhat incoherent messages which come out of London."

Like I said from the very beginning I've been worried sick about "the plan" and we all know now that they haven't really got one and meanwhile the Cabinet are running round arguing and contradicting each other like a bunch of children.

We need to replace the PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom