Cleaning brand new paint question

SATURDAY KIDS

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Coupe AMG Line
Hello All,
I had my ML 'keyed' from front to back a while ago and have just had it repainted completely down one side.
Is there a rule of thumb for looking after new paint and keeping it gleaming. Its the Obsidian Black and I do like to get out the Poor Boys and Megs wax when I can but don't want to detract from its new fresh finish now that I've paid out a lot of cash for my respray.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
A good wash with Autoglym shampo . Leather it off, or get a blower .Blowers are the next in thing for good paint preservation .The blower will blow the water off , so no need for paint or body contact,

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I would feel a right dick blow drying my car outside the front of my house. I can just hear the comments my can't be arsed with cleaning my Mazda 6 neighbour would come out with !! :shock:

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Well you asked i told you how its done with the horahenrrys . Just leather it off with a Autoglym synthetic leather . Better than bovine leathers and last years the one i have in use is 5 years old now.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
You want to get a decent microfibre wash mit and a large microfibre drying towel . Sponges and leathers just contribute to paint swirl marks . If you want to go the whole hog get a snow foam gun to pre wash the car :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Well you asked i told you how its done with the horahenrrys . Just leather it off with a Autoglym synthetic leather . Better than bovine leathers and last years the one i have in use is 5 years old now.
It's Microfibre drying towels for me, they are much gentler than any kind of leather :)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Bit late to the party but the first thing I'd be doing would be asking the guy who painted the car for any specific advice. Different paints have different curing times, though all need a bit of time to do their own thing.

Before putting any coatings or sealants on it, just confirm that it's OK to do so, or how long it should be left beforehand.

Incidentally, another one here who would never use a chamois for drying a car, synthetic or otherwise. Waffle weave microfibre towel is the way to go.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
It will have been oven baked, so the finish will be just as hard as the original... so no special care needed. as previously said microfibre towels to dry off the water after washing... You can use the poor boys and megs wax, but no real need to overdo the paint cleaning as its new paint and will have been polished by the bodyshop, so only a fine polish and then the wax.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom