Votes: 0 0.0%
  • any responses is fine just to get solution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mpumie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 mercedes benz E240
I have an E240 Mercedes benz 2004 we just drained the oil and cleaned the oil pickup and replaced the oil but it does not want to move, how many litres must we put in there. is my 1st time changing the oil since we bought the car last year, and also where does the dipstick of the car stay so we can check. Thank you

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I have an E240 Mercedes benz 2004 we just drained the oil and cleaned the oil pickup and replaced the oil but it does not want to move, how many litres must we put in there. is my 1st time changing the oil since we bought the car last year, and also where does the dipstick of the car stay so we can check. Thank you

Some cars have no oil dipstick and oil level can only be read via dash display.

If yours does, it will be towards the front of the engine and have a grey ring tab.

You should put back in the same amount as you took out, enough to reach the middle of the dipstick mark.

OP
M

Mpumie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 mercedes benz E240
Some cars have no oil dipstick and oil level can only be read via dash display.

If yours does, it will be towards the front of the engine and have a grey ring tab.

You should put back in the same amount as you took out, enough to reach the middle of the dipstick mark.
good day Thank you so much managed to get engine oil level on the dashboard but dont know how to get the gearbox one still strugling to get it

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
That will be a red tabbed dipstick down the side of the engine. There may not be a dipstick, just a tube with a blanking cap on it. Or the transmission may be "sealed for life" and have no dipstick tube at all.

Photos of your engine bay would help.

OP
M

Mpumie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 mercedes benz E240
That will be a red tabbed dipstick down the side of the engine. There may not be a dipstick, just a tube with a blanking cap on it. Or the transmission may be "sealed for life" and have no dipstick tube at all.

Photos of your engine bay would help.

thank you so much Craig we nearly killed the engine. WE poured transmission oil on engine and it emiitted the lot of smoke we then checked as you replied that which one goes to gearbox we had to drain all the oil again and go buy new oil now its fine. THANK YOU SO MUCH

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom