Trump...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
But he didn't have to ram into them...there were other cars not being attacked.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/14/that-n...ing-new-footage-shows-car-ramming-protesters/

Put it into context. You've turned up for your far right rally. You've been attacked, you've had a bag full of pi$$ explode in your face. Your rally met a protest group armed and armoured with batons, riot shields and bucklers. You've seen the police stand back and watched an old lady take a pick helve to the kneecap, you heard it crunch. You were then dispersed from your rally area and moved to an alternate site with your fellow far-righters. You were attacked along the way and had a few fistfights. You then had to walk two miles back to your car after the police dispersed the rally you had a permit to hold, and you were attacked on the way back to your car too. *You got in your car and then saw groups of armed far-left protesters hemming you in. You're hurt, tired and at this point you're more than a little scared.

Do you:

1. Sit meekly by and hope to escape with your skin mostly intact?
2. Ignore what's going on outside in the hope that they'll ignore you?
3. Try to get out?

(* To this point, everything is recorded fact- all of that actually did happen.)

OP
N

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Craig he came down the hill to where they where...could he not see them?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
When you drive into pedestrians at speed you are always on a loser.
The baying mob wanted blood in such a febrile atmosphere it did amaze me that the many guns weren't used.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Put it into context. You've turned up for your far right rally. You've been attacked, you've had a bag full of pi$$ explode in your face. Your rally met a protest group armed and armoured with batons, riot shields and bucklers. You've seen the police stand back and watched an old lady take a pick helve to the kneecap, you heard it crunch. You were then dispersed from your rally area and moved to an alternate site with your fellow far-righters. You were attacked along the way and had a few fistfights. You then had to walk two miles back to your car after the police dispersed the rally you had a permit to hold, and you were attacked on the way back to your car too. *You got in your car and then saw groups of armed far-left protesters hemming you in. You're hurt, tired and at this point you're more than a little scared.

Do you:

1. Sit meekly by and hope to escape with your skin mostly intact?
2. Ignore what's going on outside in the hope that they'll ignore you?
3. Try to get out?

(* To this point, everything is recorded fact- all of that actually did happen.)
This all happened to the guy who was driving the car?

OP
N

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This all happened to the guy who was driving the car?
To several people interviewed. The point being, that was the situation they were in at the time.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Craig he came down the hill to where they where...could he not see them?
I don't know. What I do know is that the whole situation was - I think deliberately - turned into a tinderbox just waiting for a spark. I'm reading political commentary over the pond saying that this was their Reichstag Fire and I'm half in agreement.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I think my posts in here regarding such things show I'm pretty much right of centre but i can't take to him and even the republican party seems to be regretting Trump.

He doesn't have the emotional maturity to be a good president, he doesn't seem to think before he speaks.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think my posts in here regarding such things show I'm pretty much right of centre but i can't take to him and even the republican party seems to be regretting Trump.

He doesn't have the emotional maturity to be a good president, he doesn't seem to think before he speaks.
I'm half at this point. But then I look at what the Republicans had achieved since Reagan (sweet FA) and the inroads the DNC have made into every level of government bureaucracy (very deep) and realise that however one may dislike him, however divisive he may be, if the country recognisable as the USA is to remain recognisable, the Republicans need a fighter with big brass ones. And there's only one man who can do that job right now.

OP
N

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Who?

Aint happenin' he's being deserted.

Noelmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500/2005/4966
The problem is the GOP decided it had to nowhere to go but Trump, and the Democrats decided it had nowhere to go but Hilary, Hobson choice on both accounts. They both polarised opinion so much, for every supporter there was someone who would never ever vote for her/him. Where to go from there?.
My view was and still is that Trump does not have the capacity to lead any country, let alone the USA.
I find Craig's post (Dilbert's) interesting, and I CAN see what he is suggesting, however, I come back to the one point I can't get past, in my opinion Trump is not and never was POTUS material.
Just my opinion, and just highlights what a bad selection the electorate had to pick from.
The situation was always going to get this hot, The book was written when he first stood for office.

Noelmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500/2005/4966
Didn't Obama complain he could never get things done in his last term due to the GOP in the Senate , boot now on other foot?
Any one but Clinton, should have they have selected Bernie ?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
They had the "Disney" president Obama and he fundamentally failed.
They now have the token pantomime villain who hasn't despite the best efforts of many turned out to be as bad as predicted.
Anyone expecting an amateur to arrive with a fully honed team is delusional, remember he is working from a bunker his every word pored over and dissected media mud has been flung in skip loads and the American people will lose interest the more that is flung.
Saying both sides were to blame for the violence in Charlottesville was correct it might seem wrong not to side fully with the anti's but many of them went for trouble just as happens here with the anti-capitalist and "white man" marches.
Trump is un presidential, divisive and has the look of the possessed but the American people preferred him to Hilary (just) so let the term run, let the medicine run its course.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The problem is the GOP decided it had to nowhere to go but Trump, and the Democrats decided it had nowhere to go but Hilary, Hobson choice on both accounts. They both polarised opinion so much, for every supporter there was someone who would never ever vote for her/him. Where to go from there?.
My view was and still is that Trump does not have the capacity to lead any country, let alone the USA.
I find Craig's post (Dilbert's) interesting, and I CAN see what he is suggesting, however, I come back to the one point I can't get past, in my opinion Trump is not and never was POTUS material.
Just my opinion, and just highlights what a bad selection the electorate had to pick from.
The situation was always going to get this hot, The book was written when he first stood for office.

The point here is that the situation has got this hot because:

the GOP have always been weak-willed and tend to fold when the going gets tough;
the DNC have always been ruthless and want to insinuate themselves even further into the Deep State than they already are;
the People have had enough of the above two points and its broader effects;
the DNC assumed that they would win;
the DNC sabotaged their only other viable candidate's chances (Sanders) via electoral fraud;
Trump won against all expectations of those who weren't actually looking at the polling data (mass media);
the DNC stated that they would prevent a peaceful transition of power;
the Deep State is aiding the DNC in effecting this.

Plenty, PLENTY of Presidents were not POTUS material. Clinton- both of them for that matter. Obama. G.H.W. Bush- perhaps.

It all depends on what one calls "Presidential"- the ability to run a government, or the ability to look & sound like a President? The two things are not necessarily the same but are also not necessarily mutually exclusive. Right now, Trump is actually (again, despite the mass media) doing a good job of putting into practice most of the keystones of his manifesto. He has started "clearing the swamp" of the DNC Deep State actors- that's what the Comey firing was all about. He has instilled new vigour into the Federal government, basically "Do the job you've been hired to do. Do it diligently. Do not be partisan. Or else." He has instilled new vigour into their Armed Forces (viz. Mattis' appointment, the Syria strike, the not bending over backwards for TPLAC and other countries' demands, new orders for hardware, holding Boeing to account for the first time in recorded history). The trouble is, what gets reported in the media is somewhat different and it's hard to penetrate.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom