insurance

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
How do i qualifiy for Chris Nott insurance .Do i have to be a fully paid up member ..?
As yet i am only a member, and other than donations i have paid no yearly fee.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
nope. you just need to be a member of the forum, as far as I know. ive been with them the last 3 renewals and cant fault them so far. I could have got ever so slightly cheaper this year with another company (who is requently mentioned and sponsors various forums, although they refuse to send out a 'quote' and will only give you a 'price) but because they wouldn't send a quote, I opted to stick with where I am. their loss. it costs sod all to email a quote, they refused so they didn't get the business.

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Turbopete thanks i am due in march of next year 2018 so i will go along with Chris Nott .I will give him a ring before then to sort it out . I had to start al over again with my no claims bonus after selling my car .Thinking i would just use the wifes nissan .After Three years my cousin gave me the W124 for my birthday as he purchased a new BMW . So when i asked the insurance company they said i had lost all my no claims bonus .That was a blow ,as i had to start from nothing again .Now i am up to 4 years no claims bonus. Thank you .

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Turbopete thanks i am due in march of next year 2018 so i will go along with Chris Nott .I will give him a ring before then to sort it out . I had to start al over again with my no claims bonus after selling my car .Thinking i would just use the wifes nissan .After Three years my cousin gave me the W124 for my birthday as he purchased a new BMW . So when i asked the insurance company they said i had lost all my no claims bonus .That was a blow ,as i had to start from nothing again .Now i am up to 4 years no claims bonus. Thank you .
You may find that as a named driver on a policy held by someone else you can enjoy ncb (similar to company driving) not all insurers offer this though, worth a bit of investigation imo, others may advise differently...

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
You have to be prepared to bargain with the main (big) players too, I saved over a £100 simply by asking and pointing out my driving history didn't fit their multiple choice type questions and assumptions. Careful about misleading them on factual stuff though (like where you keep the car at night), you don't want an assessor challenging a claim because you weren't quite honest enough...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you have no claims on one car some insurers will now mirror that onto another car even if the car isn't in your name.
LV mirrored my NCB onto a car in my wife's name. No problems at all.

OP
DREAMER NO2

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
To late now i would think . This was three years ago and have started to gather my no claims again .I asked two insurance firms and had the same answer -to start again Thank you ..

Top Bottom