Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Whatever I say triumphstag says the opposite - so much for my being allowed an opinion.
- When I said recently that his post was offensive his reply was that he didn't care.
- So I haven't fallen out - I just won't bother responding.
Ha ha ha what a load of tosh. I pick up when you contradict yourself, which you do, often. It is pointless trying to counter your "arguments" because you will find fault and negative about everything. You could win the lottery and you would not be happy.

As for offensive, look at your own posts Dave. You clearly don't care who you offend with your little rants and insults, why should I care if you take offence at something I say?

Anyway, thought you were going to ignore me?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ha ha ha what a load of tosh. I pick up when you contradict yourself, which you do, often. It is pointless trying to counter your "arguments" because you will find fault and negative about everything. You could win the lottery and you would not be happy.

As for offensive, look at your own posts Dave. You clearly don't care who you offend with your little rants and insults, why should I care if you take offence at something I say?

Anyway, thought you were going to ignore me?

I've never been personally offensive to you but you have to me. So go...

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41713533

Stupid politician. From what we've heard from the parties DIRECTLY involved, although progress is slow, they do think a deal will happen.

So really no need to say there won't be apart from trying to undermine the government.

Which I guess is the opposition's job but this particular one just annoys me.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
"Reports of deadlock over Brexit negotiations may have been exaggerated, European Council President Donald Tusk has said

after a Brussels summit"

Progress was "not sufficient" to begin trade talks with the UK now but that "doesn't mean there is no progress at all", he said.

Which is as much as we can expect.

"Angela Merkel has said that there is "zero indication" that Britain will leave the EU without a deal and suggested that Tory eurosceptics calling for Theresa May to walk away from talks are "absurd".

Clearly we are not finished yet but the remoaning press are guiding the easily led.

There is an awful lot to sort out but so far nothing to worry about except the anti-democracy group in parliament.

Can't help thinking Ms Millar hasn't finished yet.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
May has obviously gone in to talk money as there is little doubt in my mind that that was the main event this week at the EU summit. Around the £40bn mark I suspect having offered half that creating deadlock. Germany won’t want a hiccup in their world domination of all things engineering so yes there will definitely be a deal with the French putting a few sticks in the wheel as we go along as is their way

Happy days, quite pleased with progress so far and putting a woman (TM) in there to do the negotiations was a nifty move

I used to work in exhibitions and events in another life and the event organiser was always a woman so even when things went wrong nobody upset the little lady with the clipboard - a lesson in life as they say lol

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
May has obviously gone in to talk money as there is little doubt in my mind that that was the main event this week at the EU summit. Around the £40bn mark I suspect having offered half that creating deadlock. Germany won’t want a hiccup in their world domination of all things engineering so yes there will definitely be a deal with the French putting a few sticks in the wheel as we go along as is their way

Happy days, quite pleased with progress so far and putting a woman (TM) in there to do the negotiations was a nifty move

I used to work in exhibitions and events in another life and the event organiser was always a woman so even when things went wrong nobody upset the little lady with the clipboard - a lesson in life as they say lol
Absolutely she is making a fantastic job of rolling out Universal Credit, especially to the people who need it most and have nothing, and she still shouts how it is a necessary benefit to get people back into work.
Pity she doesn't have the same hold over the other EU member countries, she could then starve them into submission.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Didn't know she was doing it she must be very busy.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Absolutely she is making a fantastic job of rolling out Universal Credit, especially to the people who need it most and have nothing, and she still shouts how it is a necessary benefit to get people back into work.
Pity she doesn't have the same hold over the other EU member countries, she could then starve them into submission.

This is a whole new discussion, we all know what the Tory Mantra is - more work and less benefits, and like a lot of people I think there are better ways of achieving this than Universal Credit. It’s too blunt an instrument forcing those less fortunate in society into poverty and sometimes crime to get by, part of the price of voting Tory unfortunately

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

I'd like to see an accurate analysis of the claimed success for getting people back to work or to be more precise, those who are not claiming unemployment now but were doing so previously - including things like the number/percentage of those on zero hours contracts; training courses etc. I think you used to be able to claim benefits if you worked less than 16 hours a week (e.g. if your hours were reduced through no fault of your own) but of course that still meant you were employed. During Bliar's time they went mad on training courses - mostly to reduce the unemployment numbers, so I just wonder how the numbers work nowadays.

Then of course there's the wage rates themselves - I saw a KPMG web page saying that 5.6M in the UK are paid less than the voluntary Living Wage, i.e: 22% (already out of date - published October 2016) and obviously a lot of those people will qualify for Universal Credit. But since (from 2017) that is a rate of £8.45 (£9.75 in London) it's not surprising there's been such an outcry about the 6 week "conversion" roll-out.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I suggest you go and try a physical impossibility. Should be easy for you - it's just like seeing everything positive as you take in lies and half truths etc. while ignoring the truth in front of you.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Well its nice to see the pound recovering against the Euro over the past week (even though its slipped against the dollar at the same time).
Not so good that interest rates will probably go up as a result.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Dave you keep trotting out this bollocks about us thinking everything is positive. We don't. We just don't think it is all negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom