This is happening next week before bird sh1t season begins!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
So, for Rory’s information (and Carl chip in of course!), my advice is to use Gyeon Q2M bathe plus as a wash (weekly in the summer I’m hoping) and Gyeon wet coat spray sealant to add to the ceramic sealant.
If I want to use an additional detailer then Gyeon Q2M cure will do that for me.
This regime should at least keep the ceramic’s longevity and may even extend it.
All theoretical given the children’s pull on my time, but worst case scenario is that my detailer does a monthly on my cars so should be good I hope.

Spot on John. But to be honest any non caustic, ph neutral shampoo would be fine.

Ones that I can think of off the top of my head would be:

Nanolex Pure
Autoglym Pure
Dodo Juice Born to be mild
Auto-Finesse Lather

Only reason I mention them is if you can’t get hold of the Gyeon one for some reason. Don’t think you are tied to that one shampoo.

To be honest in the summer you should hopefully only need to wash that once a fortnight and let your detailer do a maintenance wash once a month. Should cut down your time away from the kids (which I fully understand given how much energy my two have!). Unless you get some bird bombs, something else that’s going to eat into it or it gets particularly dirty. The less you touch it the better.

You should find that even with a light dusting of dirt on it it will still look cleaner and better than most things you park it next to. Except mine of course! :p

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Spot on John. But to be honest any non caustic, ph neutral shampoo would be fine.

Ones that I can think of off the top of my head would be:

Nanolex Pure
Autoglym Pure
Dodo Juice Born to be mild
Auto-Finesse Lather

Only reason I mention them is if you can’t get hold of the Gyeon one for some reason. Don’t think you are tied to that one shampoo.

To be honest in the summer you should hopefully only need to wash that once a fortnight and let your detailer do a maintenance wash once a month. Should cut down your time away from the kids (which I fully understand given how much energy my two have!). Unless you get some bird bombs, something else that’s going to eat into it or it gets particularly dirty. The less you touch it the better.

You should find that even with a light dusting of dirt on it it will still look cleaner and better than most things you park it next to. Except mine of course! :p
Thanks Carl, good advice (as always) :)

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It’s the dusting I find frustrating (apart from bird poo)- my factory is close to some sort of brick/cement work, so I can take my nice shiny car there on Monday morning- by home time the colour has changed to a kind of grey dust....and being next to the sea doesn’t help either

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
How about a folding car cover? Or a tent! :)

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
It’s the dusting I find frustrating (apart from bird poo)- my factory is close to some sort of brick/cement work, so I can take my nice shiny car there on Monday morning- by home time the colour has changed to a kind of grey dust....and being next to the sea doesn’t help either

Ahh yeah you won’t want to leave that on the car.

If you have filtered water at home you could always pressure wash it off every couple of days and not worry about drying it.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Talking of pressure washing...

Have you water butts to collect rainwater off your roof? Saves the white marks from treated water out of the tap. Just like rain, only more concentrated :geek:

If you have a pressure washer, have you thought of using it to clean the block paviours on your driveway? After spending all that effort on the car you park it on a dirty, unkempt, moss filled driveway. Have some pride man, and keep up appearances!! :shock:

Very shiny though. :cool:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Cement/ kiln dried sand dust is awful. It’s about 100 times finer than sand and so sticks to almost any surface.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I'm thinking that you should do weekly washes of the car because that means "more" time away from the kids and "more fun" in car cleaning time :D

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Talking of pressure washing...

Have you water butts to collect rainwater off your roof? Saves the white marks from treated water out of the tap. Just like rain, only more concentrated :geek:

If you have a pressure washer, have you thought of using it to clean the block paviours on your driveway? After spending all that effort on the car you park it on a dirty, unkempt, moss filled driveway. Have some pride man, and keep up appearances!! :shock:

Very shiny though. :cool:
Good point ! I’m looking to have the drive ripped up and replaced with the shiny bonded stuff so haven’t bothered too much!

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Ahh yeah you won’t want to leave that on the car.

If you have filtered water at home you could always pressure wash it off every couple of days and not worry about drying it.
That’s got me thinking Carl! Maybe check out race glaze later!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Got the car cover for the worst of the nesting herring gulls season;)
They have started to circle here too looking for places to build their nests, no poo yet though, a bit early for that. One of the things we hope for here is that there is a strong easterly that blows their efforts to build a nest away.

We have a small flat roofed are at the back of the house that they find an attractive spot so its not only the car but the washing too.

The trouble also is that they are a protected species so there isn't much that can be done about them. Mind you what you do in your own back yard hopefully no-one will know about :rolleyes:

OP
John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That’s got me thinking Carl! Maybe check out race glaze later!
And I did it- ordered the 7 litre water filter which will be plenty enough capacity for my single car washing (I try never to wash both same day and the XC90 doesnt see much action so rarely gets my attention and lasts between detainers visits fine!). Should be here when I arrive back from Houston hopefully

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Looks fantastic John. Will be very interested with the longevity.

Not necessary. If you need a bumper etc repainting, it would probably need sanding back anyway, which would remove the 1 micron of coating. Would just need re-application one the new paint has cured. Only a issue of any repair needs blowing into another panel and the bodyshop are not aware its coated.....

Yep...I think the issue is that the body shops hate it because it is so difficult to remove ;-)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom