S210 SLS hard suspension issues

Linuus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 wagon
Hi, so I have notice lately my s210 when riding even slowly trough a road bump, the rear part of the boot bounces so hard I can only think I mt be the SLS accumulator or spheres. I saw only they are around 150£ a pair.
The rear suspension levels up when heavy loaded. So the Strut is doing his job, but because the accumulator is seized the ride when going through a even small bump I look like u jumping over a mountain.
My big question is, is this something that u guys could recommend? Do I need to flush/drain the whole hydraulic fluid before?! I have look ever YouTube and internet but I didn’t find any tutorial for my S210, and in my point accumulator is cheaper than the struts 300£ each. :/
Thanks you guys any help counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Accumulators lose gas pressure over time. No gas=no give so hard suspension. Just unscrew, fit new, top up fluid. The should self bleed.

OP
Linuus

Linuus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 wagon
Accumulators lose gas pressure over time. No gas=no give so hard suspension. Just unscrew, fit new, top up fluid. The should self bleed.

Will order 2 spheres as I think I makes more sense to replace both. My concern, is there any night pressure on those lines that I need to disconnect. Sure I will have the car off.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There will be some pressure. To release as much as possible do the following.
Park car engine off. Lift the rear of the car off the ground. Leave for a few minutes. The pressure adjusting valve (height sensor so to speak) will be in the return position releasing fluid back to the reservoir. Now just release the spheres and fit new. Check fluid level and lower the car. Restart engine and the system should self bleed.

OP
Linuus

Linuus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 wagon
There will be some pressure. To release as much as possible do the following.
Park car engine off. Lift the rear of the car off the ground. Leave for a few minutes. The pressure adjusting valve (height sensor so to speak) will be in the return position releasing fluid back to the reservoir. Now just release the spheres and fit new. Check fluid level and lower the car. Restart engine and the system should self bleed.

Amazing @LostKiwi u r the master!! Many thanks

OP
Linuus

Linuus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 wagon
Don't forget to flush the system and put a new filter in the reservoir you get a lot of black deposits in the system.
Oh and get the right fluid. Or Febi do some
https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/344.0_en.html

a504b712947a94a7bab5c2da839939e5.jpg

I’m using the fluid the car states in the cap ;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom