ML270 Brake issue

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Hope some of you can advise. Now I have finely sorted out the cars electrical issues, it's on to the next issue that has manifested itself.
ISSUE.
Under braking, I can feel what I can only discribe as a bumping feeling through the seat, and a very slight shudder on the steering, it's noticeable at all slowing speeds. The bumping feeling slows as you are coming to a halt.
WHAT I HAVE DONE.
When I got the car I installed new pads all round, as ones in there were very worn, the front disc,s have a lip, not big but it is there, the rear discs have a rust line which extends about 10 to 15 mm from edge of disc, almost like the pad not making contact at that point. Today I have stripped down each corner, cleaned and ensure pistons move freely, reinstalled pads, etc. I also removed as much of the rust I could on rear discs, but they are pitted, odd thing is there is not any lip on the rear, but I thought I could feel the middle of the disc was slightly raised, might have been my imagination.
QUESTION
I suppose ext step is to install new discs and pads all round to see if that cures this, car stops ok, just the shudder is not nice.
I have always used Minted stuff, but read somewhere about Padgit being the correct stuff. Can anyone recommend discs and pads, will be off eBay, or something to stay away from.
And does someone have a thought that this may be something else.

Cheers

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Got a reply on my introduction thread.
Have ordered all new discs and pads, I will also bleed system to be on safe side.
Was never very happy with brakes, perhaps this will sort them out once and for all.

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
It will have to wait a while now as ECP have mucked up on my order and i do not know when they will arrive, just to complicate things !

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom