Faults already

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
OK, before I take the car back to the garage, we only picked it up on Wednesday.
We have the following faults.
Run flat indicator inoperative.
ESP inoperative, see owners manual, it tends to turn itself on and off any time it feels like it.
Front left parking light fault. It seems OK though.
Restraint malfunction contact workshop.
The windscreen wipers and washers stopped working today, stopped put the car in park, foot on the foot brake and they started working again.
Any advice would be helpful before I phone the garage on Monday.

It's a 2011 C200 CDI sport with 70000 miles on the clock.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Could be many things. Bad earth, bad abs sensor etc..

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
OK, before I take the car back to the garage, we only picked it up on Wednesday.
We have the following faults.
Run flat indicator inoperative.
ESP inoperative, see owners manual, it tends to turn itself on and off any time it feels like it.
Front left parking light fault. It seems OK though.
Restraint malfunction contact workshop.
The windscreen wipers and washers stopped working today, stopped put the car in park, foot on the foot brake and they started working again.
Any advice would be helpful before I phone the garage on Monday.

It's a 2011 C200 CDI sport with 70000 miles on the clock.

It`s not a Merc by any chance is it ? :):):)

Sadly too many Dealers leave it to the new owner to report problems rather than providing a first class customer service and thoroughly inspecting vehicles prior to sale and correcting same.
Hope all faults are minor and you can soon begin to enjoy the new car.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Immediate return to the garage rather than spending your own money would be my choice .

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
The car is on its way back to me now. The last thing done before I picked the car up was a new windscreen (a bad chip right in front of the drivers eyes in the old one) and apparently that has caused the problems so I have been told, rain sensors heated screen etc. I know nothing about this sort of thing, I'll take their word for it as long as everything is OK.

Last edited:
OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Everything works as it should so I am happy once more after an awful few weeks dealing with insurance companies and the sheer stress and anxiety of losing my beloved 220. Hopefully things are on the up again.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Short lived, wife just got home from work, all the fault readings are back. The garage doesn't fill me with confidence I must admit but back it will go again.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Well I bow to those with greater knowledge but your original list of faults caused "by a windscreen replacement" has me perplexed.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Well I bow to those with greater knowledge but your original list of faults caused "by a windscreen replacement" has me perplexed.
Only what I'm told I'm afraid. Twas perfect before the windscreen was replaced I was told, they disconnected the battery resulting in these faults, 24 hours and still heard nothing. I'm a boatbuilder so know nothing about the workings of the car.
I did tell the chap just take it to Mercedes and let them sort it out, we will if we can't find the fault was the reply, meanwhile.........

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Disconnecting the battery is more likely the source of some problems than swapping the screen.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
At last, the car went to Mercare, problem solved, the Signal Acquisition Module is faulty. There is a new one on order so this time next week I should be a lot happier.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
£876, glad it was under warranty and I didn't have to foot the bill. Feel sorry for the garage that sold me the car none the less. Had a five page print out of faults, it's like driving a new car, incredible. We can now actually get on with our lives.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
A random collection of electronic faults like this often seems to be the front or rear SAM. Hopefully replacing it should sort the problem for you. In layman’s terms I believe the Sam performs the same function as an old fashioned wiring loom, distributing signals from the various systems to the right places.

Fairly Common problem on here, in any Merc. Not something I have experienced myself, touch wood.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
A random collection of electronic faults like this often seems to be the front or rear SAM. Hopefully replacing it should sort the problem for you. In layman’s terms I believe the Sam performs the same function as an old fashioned wiring loom, distributing signals from the various systems to the right places.

Fairly Common problem on here, in any Merc. Not something I have experienced myself, touch wood.
I am now on my fourth Mercedes and this is the first time I have experienced this SAM, I never heard of it before, I guess I have just been lucky. It really does drive like a new car, the difference is amazing.
I now can get the window tints, tow hitch and the private plate.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I am now on my fourth Mercedes and this is the first time I have experienced this SAM, I never heard of it before, I guess I have just been lucky. It really does drive like a new car, the difference is amazing.
I now can get the window tints, tow hitch and the private plate.

In the past only the high end, more complex cars seemed to have SAMs. Nowadays they are being fitted to all cars, due to the proliferation of electronic gizmos making conventional wiring looms too difficult. That is my perception, could be wrong.

OP
Rob.T

Rob.T

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 A180 Sport CDI Auto
Car is working as it should, had a new tow hitch fitted today, tints booked for Saturday, it's all coming together at long last.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Global Tint did a great job on that :cool::cool::cool:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom