Engine mounts, ETCS reset, DPF reset, door lock problem???

domwild

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI W204
Hi,
C220 CDI W204 2007, 125,000km. A tall order follows, sorry!
1. As this car "diesels" a lot and I can feel the vibrations in me bum during idle, when is it generally time or km/miles to change those engine mounts?
2. My icarsoft MB2 diagnostic gives me the privilege to relean the ETCS, why and when would I do that? Why would the air/diesel mix become richer? Does one do it after changing a faulty air mass sensor, which allowed the mix to become too rich?
The DPF has to do with the particle filter. Any idea when and why one has to do the resetting there?
3. LH front door does not lock and error code seems to indicate a working motor but a faulty input. One owner cut the accordion rubber between door and chassis and found broken wires, but that seems to be very drastic as it cuts into the resale value if noticed! Is the motor stuffed, which requires a lot of panels to be removed and which seems to be the recommended solution. Dealer quote is AUS$600.
Thanks.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
1. Yes quite possibly. A visual inspection of the mounts will likely show if they are shot.
2. Yes if changing a MAF the fuel trims should be reset. DPFs should never meet doing manually on a correctly functioning vehicle that gets regular decent runs.
3. Can't answer this sorry.

OP
D

domwild

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI W204
Thanks for help, LostKiwi. Do you know if the Diesel Particle Filter is the same as the Catalytic Converter? If so, then there are two oxygen sensors attached to the cat, one before and one after. They also determine the "richness" of the air/fuel mix. If I read it correctly a new one is $3,000 and a cheap repair means "burning" all the gunk out and costs $300? Is this the unit with the platinum catalyst? So many questions, so little time! What is going to happen to you after Brexit and your holiday home at Charente-Maritime?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
No idea. I don't really do diesels as you can see from my profile.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
DPF is not the same as the Cat...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom