C250 cdi remap issues

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Were you on the Briskoda Forum Carl? if so what was your name? I've had a couple of vRS Fabia's, TDi I might add, just loved the torque and the things you could do with those cars, great fun.

I was also on the Forum too.

I was indeed. I was vRSCarl.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
With my first vRS Fabia I was Fatbob and after a break of several years I was Coffindodger with the second car, for some reason (never discovered) I couldn't get back on as Fatbob and had to get a new moniker. New computer maybe?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As you can see I was late to forums and hadn’t figured to use a moniker- doh!
I have monikers on other forums though so beware what you say about me elsewhere :rolleyes:

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
As you can see I was late to forums and hadn’t figured to use a moniker- doh!
I have monikers on other forums though so beware what you say about me elsewhere :rolleyes:

I’m sure you’re pretty thick skinned so can take it..... :p

For some reason people keep saying ‘ C U Next Tuesday’ to me. But I find this odd as most of them don’t know where i live and those that do never turn up! :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’m sure you’re pretty thick skinned so can take it..... :p

For some reason people keep saying ‘ C U Next Tuesday’ to me. But I find this odd as most of them don’t know where i live and those that do never turn up! :D
You’d be right there Carl !
And that’s a coincidence as even the people who know me never turn up on a Tuesday either! Who’d have thought :D

Wiktorvr6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Hybrid
Hi all,

New to this forum but wanted to put something out there for people’s opinions and experiences

I recently had a remap on a 2013 C250 cdi by a local company I have been following on Facebook for about two years, they have done a fair number of Mercs/AMGs, some the same model as mine along with a lot of high performance stuff (RS3 & 4s, Golf Rs, BMWs, Bentleys etc). They have 322 5 star reviews on Facebook and no negative reviews, so figured they must be doing something right! They did the remap (sending the original map away for modification) and reinstalled it. On first drive I didn’t feel the gains I was expecting, in-fact I was sure there was less torque. That said, I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect so wanted to have some time driving the car before making an opinion. I also noticed average MPG dropped from mid 40s to 30s indicating something different must going on.

I took it to a rolling road yesterday and it turns out the car is doing 205bhp (4 more than std!) and 325Ftlb of torque, which is less than the standard 369 or so and certainly not the 20% increase promised. I contacted the mapper telling them the news, sending the print out to them and explaining I would like the original map returning to the vehicle and a refund. So far they seem open to this and have agreed to do it later next week, but they did suggest:

a) The car could have been down on original power, so 20% has actually been achieved
b) The rolling road folks might have given a dodgy reading (as they do maps too)
c) They have done loads of these with no issues!

I can tell they are very reluctant to refund, but are mindful a bad review could do them some damage so want to make sure I am happy.

Of course my worry now is that they upload a crappy map to the car and not the original as they are adamant the map should be fine and might want to prove a point. They did offer to upload the standard map, pay for another rolling road to see what the before and after difference is – but seeing as they suggested the car might have only been at 170bhp to start with, and the map has done as it should adding 20%…. I am reluctant to do this! The car was definitely running fine before the map, plenty of power, good economy etc. It’s on 30k with full service history, no obvious issues. I even waited to have a B5 service done before applying the map, just to make sure everything was in good order.

I have read a few posts where people have had remap issues, seems more like they have limp mode problems than odd power readings, I wondered if anyone has had a similar issue to me?

I do wish I had taken it to a re-mapper who does the map themselves onsite and uses a rolling road to show before & afters! I guess every day is a school day!... or just not bothered at all!

Gad tuning saying that they will have dyno withing month time-last 4 years they saying same rubbish and uploading generic maps written by some chinesse man from aliexpress-dont do anything without dyno-health check first,dyno before,driving test,final dyno and final driving test then all will be done like should be done.Good luck

Wiktorvr6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Hybrid
GAD don’t do a before and after readout. Although they do good work I’m inclined not to believe their figures. Never seen them produce any rolling road proof.

But figures are for pub talk. As long as you can feel a real difference then the headline figures don’t matter.

I have a 250CDI engine that cannot be tuned in my S212.

I’ve tried 3 different tuning boxes (both dual and Tri-Channel) and also had it remapped by GAD.

They all give the same fault of the rail pressure being too low.

No idea why and I’m not going to spend anymore £’s chasing why when there is no issues in standard form. I have already spent a fair bit having Mercedes run diagnostics at my request. Everything fell well within factory parameters. So there is nothing I can do and I could replace the injectors, fuel rail, pressure sensors, fuel filter (again) and still have the same problem.

Gad tuning saying that they will have dyno withing month time-last 4 years they saying same rubbish and uploading generic maps written by some chinesse man from aliexpress-dont do anything without dyno-health check first,dyno before,driving test,final dyno and final driving test then all will be done like should be done.Good luck

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

GAD do have a dyno!!!!!

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
They have access to this already, I spoke to them in the summer and they advised that they run the ECU remap with the dyno.

Wiktorvr6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Hybrid
They have access to this already, I spoke to them in the summer and they advised that they run the ECU remap with the dyno.
They do said they have acces and it will be additional payment.It was couple of months ago-maybe they have their own now but i remember that i ring them 4 times and never dyno(went with Narco tuning)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
They do said they have acces and it will be additional payment.It was couple of months ago-maybe they have their own now but i remember that i ring them 4 times and never dyno(went with Narco tuning)
Fair enough, I was only quoted a price using the dyno. Wouldn't really want a generic one, can get someone to my house for half the price to do that.

Top Bottom