Search results for query: Bouncing door locks

1. T

W169 Parasitic battery drain

I've posted on this previously but am hoping for more clues. My partners 2006 A170 Elegance is still destroying batteries - I don't know if my money or my patience will run out first. I've unplugged the Bluetooth phone thingy under the passenger seat and replaced the Audio20 (which was fried)...
  2. W

Happy new year, happy new member :)

...another A-class automatic as my wife's runabout but it has a few issues I'm hoping to resolve. Both seem to be common enough, bouncing door locks and a croaked gearbox controller, so I'll see to those as soon as possible. Its a nice little car apart from the odd bits, it's got a good clean...
  3. V6Matty

W211 for lock misbehaving

Have a search on here for bouncing door locks, it’s a common issue of a small spring failing in the locking mechanism, there are repair kits available but don’t always work and will eventually fail again. Personally I found it easier to have the lock replaced with a new one, they aren’t that...
  4. S

W211 blue smoke after idle

...on this before I got it and I've been slowly working my way through all of the usual faults, oil cooler seals, swirl flap delete, bouncing door locks, filters and oil etc but just can't get to the bottom of this tick over smoke! In my case the engine runs sweet in all scenarios without...
  5. RhodieBill

Newbie lady driver with a central locking problem

Laura, I had a similar problem on my C180 - (same electric type locks). I cut about an inch off the end of a small Ziptie and shoved it down the side of the lock pin, that's the bit that sticks up out of the top of the door. push it down until you cannot see it. This basically acts like a shock...
  6. R

W203 bouncing door locks

Hi folks, My wife's W203 Coupe has had a bouncing door lock for a little while and although I have sprayed lubricant down the button thread it is still playing up. We were living with this but now my W203 Estate o/s front door lock won't lock or unlock on the remote, the internal light stays on...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom