Search results

1. G

R129 SL500 2000 cranks but no start

If you can't access diagnostic info via the diagnostic port, I've got star and I struggle, then you need to know whether you have an injector signal. The sequence is: do you have a spark, yes/no? Do you have an injector signal, yes/no? Are you getting reference voltage at other sensors e.g...
  2. G

Mercedes ML270 - possible broken crankshaft question

I've been fooling around with internal combustion engines for 50+ years and I can't say that I've ever seen a crankshaft that has snapped in normal service. It certainly wouldn't be anything I would ever consider in a diagnosis. To do a compression test you would need a rotating crankshaft...
  3. G

Hope this is the correct thread

Ain't that the truth:rolleyes:
  4. G

Considering a 1990 300ce

Just to add a cheeky post script, buying a classic Mercedes will at least bring you away from the dark side. BMW 730's are good cars but they are not great cars.:rolleyes:
  5. G

Considering a 1990 300ce

Great cars from the era when Mercedes still made cars in the belief that they were the worlds finest, engineering excellence allied with technological innovation. Having said that do bear in mind the comments of previous posters, age brings not only corrosion but possibly an interesting back...
  6. G

Been given a 1984 190E, advice needed.

Lots of people drive 'em, not many of 'em can fix 'em.
  7. G

slight twitch to nearside when braking

Thought I'd seen it all! Took a while to figure out what I was looking at.:shock:
  8. G

My electric steering column ...

The high position is the default, my guess is that it doesn't know where to go next. Hence is it a memory problem?
  9. G

c class w204 rear subframe rotting

Whilst I have no personal experience of this issue it would appear, from reading this forum regularly, that this problem is a good earner for Merc indies. What I do find disingenuous and the reason for my post is Mercedes refusal to acknowledge when they f*ck up over this and other glaringly...
  10. G

My electric steering column ...

Sounds like a memory glitch, the sort that's usually brought on by a voltage drop. Any cold starting issues recently? Possibly the battery getting to the end of its life?
  11. G

PLEASE HELP! Engine Juddering harshly when idle.

Welcome to the forum. As has been said classic timing chain issue. You may feel you have been poorly served by your current mechanic but you can take solace in the knowledge that new plugs and coils are never a bad idea for a 15 yr old car.
  12. G

Advice on brake pads

Pads are top OEM but I underestimated just how worn the discs were. Thickness was OK but too many wear ridges.
  13. G

Advice on brake pads

Any parts supplier should be able to provide the correct parts if you give them your registration number. Yes you do need a new wear sensor and do change both pads and discs. I recently made the mistake of just replacing the pads on my C207 , 6 weeks later they still haven't bedded in.:oops:
  14. G

Handbrake

You brought back memories of the Uniparts parts numbering scheme. In the early 70's I worked briefly as a box rat in a BLMC garage. The numbers of parts that commonly failed, and God knows with BLMC there were plenty of those, would stick in your head. Mini bypass hose GZA2083, oil filler cap...
  15. G

Handbrake

With Mercedes the handbrake and service brake are independent of each other consequently the handbrake shoes should not wear. Problems can arise if the cables and/or compensators become stiff or seize. This can stop the shoes releasing and then they will wear rapidly. If you want to inspect the...
  16. G

Squealing when moving off cold

Just don't dare question how much your wife spends on hairdressers and the latest essential grooming products. That creaking noise will be the thin ice your standing on.:rolleyes:
  17. G

What is the difference between the 1.8L and 2L C200k

Early cars had the M111 motor, later cars the M271. In my opinion the M111 is one of the best engines anyone ever produced, the M271 is one of the more embarrassing episodes in Mercedes recent history. No doubt others on the forum will have an opinion.
  18. G

Handbrake

Always use the handbrake, as per "One for the roads " post the locking mechanism is not the most substantial. Belt and braces just in case you find yourself with your trousers around your ankles.:oops:
  19. G

What is the 'C' for?

You keep making that statement but don't elaborate. What, in your opinion, is a sports car?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom