Search results

1. gianton

W213 E220d 2017 cold start, white smoke, engine shaking

As above what mileage is your car at, I would change all four injectors if it’s above 140k miles. I did this on my C250 cdi ‘13 model at 200k miles and car was like new again. I didn’t want to waste time and cash for checking the old ones.
  2. gianton

Engine Mounts Advice Please

I ended up with the MB local dealer for changing the engine mounts on my car, as Lemforder was available only on one side. The transmission mount is easier to find.
  3. gianton

Maybe they have them updated somehow, last time I used Febi rubber about 10 years ago, on my Audi A6 Allroad '06 were crap... lasted 20k km and needed changing. On the other hand Lemforder never let me down, they are same quality as OE MB parts.
  4. gianton

I’d go with Lemforder anytime. Avoid Febi. Autodoc should have them.
  5. gianton

2016 e class w213 panoramic roof lube application

This thread from a neighbour site is very useful. https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/panoramic-roof-maintenance.280962/
  6. gianton

S205 Timing Chain replacement - When?

€95 for the part and €50 for labour (in Greece).
  7. gianton

S205 Timing Chain replacement - When?

+1 and also change the chain tensioner every 100k miles as a precaution.
  8. gianton

651 Timing chain tensioner replacement

Engine locking tools not needed, it’s time consuming though. My indie did it in about three hours. I had mine changed at 175k miles.
  9. gianton

Advice c class W204 2013

7g+ gearbox recommended interval is 77670 miles or 5 years, I do mine every 50000 miles.
  10. gianton

Advice c class W204 2013

I had the rattle in the morning and fixed it with a new chain tensioner at 180k miles. My car is the S204 C250 CDI 4-matic 2013 and now has 230k miles. I change the engine oil and filter every 6k miles. I think it’s way too early to worry about timing chain. Just disable start/stop on every...
  11. gianton

W213 E350 brake pads and discs, SE vs AMG

Here you go mate. Front discs A 000 421 23 12 Front pads A 000 420 79 00 Rear discs A 000 423 07 12 Rear pads A 000 420 62 00
  12. gianton

W213 E350 brake pads and discs, SE vs AMG

If you post your VIN I can give you the OE part numbers.
  13. gianton

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Had the engine mounts changed today at 226k miles, what a difference made to the car! Both old mounts where flat!! Gearbox mount was done at 190k miles... should have the engine mounts fitted too at the same time.
  14. gianton

Had the front brake discs and pads changed this morning. Brembo discs with textar pads.
  15. gianton

e400d all terrain

Beauty, hope you have lots of safe miles with it. My previous car was an Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI (4F '06) and had a bad experience with the air suspension this really scares me off getting a Merc with airmatic again.
  16. gianton

High mileage c class

My S204 '13 C250 CDI 4matic with 221k miles still drives like new.
  17. gianton

Windscreen smashed on Monday, new one installed yesterday.
  18. gianton

Rear coil spring part number

You're welcome mate... see attached picture for the part numbers.
  19. gianton

Rear coil spring part number

If you post your VIN I can give you the OE part number.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom