Search results

1. M

Stop Start restarts but stops and im stuck at lights for 10 minutes ,,Help

you have to turn it off every time you get in the car ..there is obviously a fault here. im not interested in switching it off.I want to fix the ****** thing..if no one else has suffered this exact issue im surprised. I don't want my wife getting stuck at the lights again...
  2. M

so your telling me that most of of you have this problem.......and others on this thread saying its a weird fault like they have never heard of this fault before ...? carnt be right ,sounds like someones guessing here? there are no fault codes on star
  3. M

so you can not switch it off unless you do that every time you start the car..sometime we forget. both batteries have been replaced but it shouldn't go green on the dash if it is underpowered and it starts right up after stop ,just stops again so unlikely to be battery ..I will check its...
  4. M

so the eco button on my w212 is green the engine switches off at the lights and then as I remove foot from brake it restarts but almost immediately stops again and clock starts reversing on dash .im not able to restart the car and im stuck at the lights for 10 minutes after 10 minutes it will...
  5. M

E class w212 stuck in P column shift

used Bosch sensor on wheel and worked perfectly well and is still working two years later
  6. M

thought id posted update... I replaced the steering column module and indicators etc..all part of the same thing and everything started working again so it turned out to be bad ..took a while to check as expensive part through Mercedes,managed to pick up used one from ebay
  7. M

Wiggled the front wheel speed sensor and all the warnings disappeared and gear change normal but two minutes later problem returned ..so I replaced the sensor but no change..
  8. M

car was pressure washed earlier in the day maybe 4 hours ..im not saying thats the reason although I have read about someone experiencing these issues after pressure washing their own car...im simply trying things the im able too before calling the truck.
  9. M

if its hall sensor can I not leave it plugged in and test with a volt meter ?
  10. M

if I could move the car out of park maybe your suggestion would be useful ..thanks anyway The whole idea is to do the checks I can easily before having it collected on a trailer ...lock down has crippled us financially so we have limits to what we can do right now
  11. M

it seems like I can remove a wheel unplug the sensor and attach a Volt-metre if I spin the wheel hub it should create a voltage ..if it dosent its a failed sensor can anyone confirm this test...?
  12. M

I dont have diagnostics unless I have the vehicle triggered to Mercedes which is not exactly inexpensive... I understand that it might be a module or can but how would I test the wheel sensor..is there a way
  13. M

it was suggested that the relays fail in these boxes ,and the brake light switch had also been suggested as a possible issue ,I changed both these . I have a diagnostic set up but its not working at the minute so im trying things that are fairly straight forward before I have a breakdown collect
  14. M

would a speed sensor on front wheel cause all these faults on dash?
  15. M

e class column transmission stuck in park speedtronic warning abs ,anti skid warnings all appearing on dash when car started up changed the f32 pre fuse box ,brake light sensor and tested both batteries to be good. pressure washed car before ..so wondering if it could be a speed sensor on...
  16. M

W215 cl500 blower out

Can any one advise me on how to change out the blower motor on my cl 500 yr 2002. I have been told by merc Newport that it is seized although I have no climate controls operational ..no lights on climate controls either. So I will remove blower and test it unless its possible to put voltage...
  17. M

V class heater blower replacement

I have a P reg V class 230. The blower motor has packed up and Im hoping someone can tell me how to remove the dash and replace the motor please. Little Ella my 3 yr old complained about the cold all the way home last night so I have to do something...Is there a Haynes manual or something...
  18. M

Blower..no heat

My heater/ac blower has packed up ..checked fuses under the seat and all ok...Has anyone had a similar problem and is it complicated to replace..?
  19. M

Removing V230 Tensioner

This is my first post and I am looking for advice on how to remove the chain tensioners on my 1997 V class 230.It appears that I need to do this to remove the head ! I am replacing head gasket.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom