Search results

1. D

Which Diesel?

Dont bother with either :) buy a BMW 5 or 7 series and then you have the far superior ZF Auto Box which is absolutely bulletproof
  2. D

Purchasing Engine Oil from Ebay/Amazon

Hi, I have always bought my oil from Newcastle MB until i came across this excellent English made top spec oil which comes in a awful lot cheaper than the MB stuff and matches the grade and specification! try it...
  3. D

E55k CPS

While your waiting to get your THIN WALLED deep socket spray plenty of WD40 or similar down there just in case the actual sensor is seized in the engine :)
  4. D

E55k CPS

When you manage to get it out, and you will! a little tip for putting the new one back in put some blue tack in the E8 socket and push the bolt into the blue tack, to stop the bolt dropping out when you lower it back in to the sensor Cheers
  5. D

E55k CPS

Can confirm that it is a E8 changed mine on the E55 just before selling it! as mentioned you need a deep thin walled socket and hopefully should get it out, when you look at the photo you can see the plastic shoulder around the bolt if your trying to fit a wide E8 socket on to it it will not...
  6. D

Insuring an E63 Biturbo

Sounds a bit cheesy name Rodger but i pay £226 for the E55 on limited mileage, with "Quote me happy", and there owned by Aviva
  7. D

Early W211 conserve battery warning

Hi Rodger, Well could be wrong but from experience with mine i got warnings when the main consumer battery was on its way out, and when mine struggled to start after been left for a while it was the auxiliary battery at fault.
  8. D

Early W211 conserve battery warning

Whats confusing about W211s with the two battery's is that the small one in the engine bay which is the "auxiliary battery" is used for starting the car! the large battery in the boot the "consumer battery"is for everything else! so when you get that message it means that the consumer battery is...
  9. D

W211 squeaky steering

Usually bottom ball joint on Suspension arm on W211 not expensive for the part £10-£15 dependent on make of joint can be DIY if a bit use full with Tools
  10. D

Which supercharger for SLK 350 R171?

As above but its not as easy as just bolting a supercharger on a normally aspirated engine, usually the compression ratio would be too high and lead to pre ignition and all sorts of other problems, good luck with your plan though
  11. D

722.6 5g oil change , small particles in oil

Do not use just any auto trans oil! must be compatible to mercedes spec if not can ruin auto box, check alternatives as said febi, and Fuch do a quality oil and many more, good luck.
  12. D

Mercedes-benz owners insurance scheme with chris knott insurance

Quote me Happy:) try them
  13. D

SL 55 amg spark plugs

Check out Opie oils for the NGK plugs put in your reg and it will tell you the right ones https://www.opieoils.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjwpuXpBRAAEiwAyRRPget7eeUXQ9GuZhpNd0vRcNvUVWtTDngHs9zwMAoPQW6eaQ_vTZRiwRoCWNoQAvD_BwE
  14. D

Opie oils 15% off

As above 15% off everything untill 17.00 today https://www.opieoils.co.uk/
  15. D

AMG Special Edition

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1126182 The Badge is worth that alone:)
  16. D

C350 thermostat replacement.

As above that should work!
  17. D

Mintex or pagid

GSF have 50% offer on Brembo Discs and Pads at the moment!
  18. D

steering wheel removal

If you have access to a good impact driver Snap-on, Milwaukee, etc then no problem hold the wheel with one hand and the other with the wrench spins them straight off no messing
  19. D

E55 AGM Batteries?

Hi Wighty, Mercedes dealers seem quite competitive on price for batteries, similar size i think a couple of double AAs would do:)
  20. D

E55 AGM Batteries?

Looking to replace both batteries on my E55 Question is does the E55 really need AGM stop start batteries? and what have other 55 owners gone for? been looking on Tanya Batteries they seem the best deal, cheers Dave

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom