Search results

1. M

W124 - Bilstein B6, or B8 for Sportline

Hi Ray, The part number you used isn't the right one for Wagon Sportline damper, the right one is I believe; 124-320-35-30. So if we cross ref in Autodoc we get: And they list the below as also being equivalent, which clearly, they are not: None of this matters now, I bought a pair of B6's...
  2. M

I hadn't. Mainly because this is a wagon and has SLS. Would be at odds with the ethos of the car as a comfy cruiser to have adjustable dampers up front, and the rear being managed, and damped by the spheres and struts. I don't drive the car hard on the road, or use it on track at all, so they...
  3. M

That is what I was thinking too. Thank you for the advice, I will try to find the B6's.
  4. M

The issue with cross checking the MB part numbers, is that most of the vendors lump all of the damper options into the listing, so you have no chance of finding a specific replacement for Sportline from the cross reference. It is infuriating! Thanks for the info though, really useful.
  5. M

Hi everyone, I have to replace the front dampers which are SPortline. I cannot for love nor money find a pair of B6's in the UK. I can however, get the B8's. From my research it seems the B8 and B6 are valved identically, and are the same physical external sizes. The difference being that the...
  6. M

W124 Tailgate closer erratic behaviour

Take that as a "no" then.............? Even the pdf sheet number would help. The menus don't work on my e-manual now as Flash is no longer supported...
  7. M

W124 Tailgate closer erratic behaviour

Long shot here, as this thread is very old, and poor old TV isn't around any more. :-( Has someone got the troubleshooting and testing docs please? I stripped the tailgate out today, removed the lock assy, and powered up the motor from a bench PSU, and it works so it is not the motor...
  8. M

W124 5 speed 722.5 auto diagnostics

Hello gents, I have a 95 E320 Wagen, and I suspect the box is not changing into 5th, or it is stuck in 4th, or it misses 4th and goes straight to 5th... So, I want to diagnose it. A PO has mentioned he read, and cleared the codes for the box. I believe with a home built reader. Now, I cannot...
  9. M

Gearshift problem on 722.5 (5.speed)

Which solenoid? Where is it to be found, and how hard was it to change?
  10. M

Audio wiring diagram for E300TD 1992

I think that the point here is I am making a running repair in preparation for the big refurb further on down the road. Excuse the pun. The components and cabling are old. Very old. The connections are poor, very poor. So whatever I do, for the next twelve months, it'll work. I'll have the...
  11. M

I give you, my use Case....... And the challenge is..... :-)
  12. M

1995 W124 Estate Wagon Audio Wiring Diagram

In for a penny, in for a pound. Not as nasty, and more importantly more compact than, Scotchloks. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J6SRK1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 DVM to help with measuring the **** out of stuff...
  13. M

It's been a while...

Thank you! Plenty of questions coming up. It's gorgeous, but will require jobs..
  14. M

OK. It doesn't match the car. Bugger.
  15. M

What will the VIN achieve, you got me all interested now!
  16. M

Also, due to the lack of space, and cable remnants, I think that soldering is the only way to go.
  17. M

Redirects to a dead link. Do you have an alternative site? Thanks for the help!
  18. M

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1433.html hoping this will help me, and others..
  19. M

It's been a while...

I had that trying to remove an alarm from my motorcycle... It was, errr, horrible. I started a new thread, https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/1995-w124-estate-wagon-audio-wiring-diagram.175887/

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom