Search results

1. area51

W168 P0170

The fuel pump relay is new. The original was 24 years old. No sign of burning or damage on any of the terminals.
  2. area51

W168 P0170

As per the title, has anyone ever found a cure for this code? Fuel pressure 3.6 bar. New O2 sensor, fuel filter, plugs etc. ECU has just come back from rebuild attempt number 4. Car now struggles to start from cold, engine fires up then dies. Repeat this for up to ten minutes before it will...
  3. area51

W168 cold start problem

Firstly, my apologies for taking so long to reply. I had to wait for a can of MAF cleaner to be delivered. The MAF is now spotless. I've only had the opportunity to do one cold start since using the cleaner but it was a huge improvement. Didn't try to stall, dropped off of fast idle quite...
  4. area51

W168 cold start problem

The fuel pump relay is new. Fuel pressure is a steady 3.6 bar.
  5. area51

W168 cold start problem

I'm having trouble with starting my year 2000 A160 petrol from cold. Once started it will be ok for the rest of that day. Cranks over fine, fires up briefly then dies. Usually restarts ok at the second attempt and settles into a fast idle but feels a bit lumpy. The car will only start normally...
  6. area51

Mercedes A160 won't start

How old is the fuel filter?
  7. area51

A160 coolant issues

HI on the dashboard display relates to oil level.
  8. area51

W168 in limp mode

Thank you. Luckily the codes do clear ok. I will take a look at the connector for the TCU first and of course post feedback (so frustrating when someone has clearly had the same fault with their car but don't then post the solution).
  9. area51

W168 in limp mode

Thanks David, mine is automatic which I like. Manual transmission would have been a problem for me when I had trouble with my left knee a while back. I reckon the TCU is most probably toast. I'll have a chat with ECU testing when they re-open.
  10. area51

W168 in limp mode

Yes N47/5 is the ESP module. I'm wondering if the BAS release switch is still at fault but didn't show up on the second scan? Trouble is the switch is buried within the brake servo and taking that apart seems like a bad idea...
  11. area51

W168 in limp mode

Really hoping someone can help with this.. As per the title. I have a year 2000 A160 auto that has on two occasions gone into limp mode with a bit of a jolt while moving at low speed. The gear position indicator then flashes on/off and the BAS/ESP light comes on. All faults disappear on...
  12. area51

SRS faults on w168 and scanner issues

Just checked, yes he is on this forum.
  13. area51

SRS faults on w168 and scanner issues

Perhaps have a chat with Forrera (he is on Facebook), he might have the answer to your problem.
  14. area51

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

I've had one of these for a year or so, nice bit of kit, sturdy. Moves around easily on the nylon wheels, this is important, if the jack doesn't move then it will tend to try and pull the car off of the axle stands. https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ctj2qlp-2-tonne-quick-lift-low-profile/
  15. area51

Thanks GLK, I asked because I have fitted MB front pads to mine and they seem to produce a lot of dust. I wonder if there are better, less dusty alternatives.
  16. area51

W168 Auto box capacity?

The full procedure for a fluid & filter change is detailed here http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.59a.htm I have done this a few times now. It is possible to view transmission temperature using an iCarsoft MBv2.0, this is probably more accurate than the infra-red thermometer and certainly...
  17. area51

windows (electric)

Try disconnecting the battery for a while. Reconnect and then do the window reset thing. My 168 has this problem occasionally.
  18. area51

Fitted a new belt tensioner assembly, new crankcase breather hoses and unblocked the stub on the inlet manifold that the breather hose connects to. A busy couple of days, I'll be happy enough if I never see another W168 belt tensioner...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom