Search results

1. G

R230 Roof stuck half way

To close this thread, I am pleased to say that I have fixed my roof problem, with the grateful help of MBS and YouTube (Video ID = OZt8nvGhMGw) - Released the boot lid using the key blade and extended to it's full height - Released the pump pressure via the allen socket per pic below - This...
  2. G

Living with an R230

To close this thread, I am pleased to say that I have fixed my roof problem, with the grateful help of MBS and YouTube (Video ID = OZt8nvGhMGw) - Released the boot lid using the key blade and extended to it's full height - Released the pump pressure via the allen socket per pic below - This...
  3. G

R230 Roof stuck half way

I'm a lot closer to indies MBS or Burseldon Motors than Prestige though have used them in the past for my previous R129 SL. Do you happen to know what the fix was?
  4. G

Living with an R230

I'm a lot closer to indies MBS or Burseldon Motors than Prestige though have used them in the past for my previous R129 SL. Do you happen to know what the fix was?
  5. G

R230 Roof stuck half way

Just to add something that may be relevant. I had removed the soft close mechanism as I had identified an air leak stopping the soft close from working. I had araldite'd one leak and had just refitted it, all done with the roof in the stored/open position. The soft close still was not working so...
  6. G

Living with an R230

Just to add something that may be relevant. I had removed the soft close mechanism as I had identified an air leak stopping the soft close from working. I had araldite'd one leak and had just refitted it, all done with the roof in the stored/open position. The soft close still was not working so...
  7. G

R230 Roof stuck half way

The roof has been faultless in the past until I operated it in my garage not realising that the car was further back than usual. This meant that the boot lid fouled on the fridge that sits behind it. As per the pics the roof started to rise then stopped. It now refuses to move in either...
  8. G

Living with an R230

The roof has been faultless in the past until I operated it in my garage not realising that the car was further back than usual. This meant that the boot lid fouled on the fridge that sits behind it. As per the pics the roof started to rise then stopped. It now refuses to move in either...
  9. G

Issue retrofitting a reversing camera into an R230 facelift

Retrofitting included:- - purchasing an OBD once use kit to enable the reversing camera function of the NTG2.5 head unit. This seems to have worked fine as per pics. - Purchasing a camera incorporated into a number plate light cover from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075F55LDS I have...
  10. G

Split drivers seat.

Steve at "SEW Trim" in Botley replaced the bolster panel on my daughters 2018 C200 Coupe for £100+VAT a couple of years ago. He had a roll of matching artico/leather in stock, completed it in a day and I cannot see any difference to the panel or the stitching, so definitely recommended.
  11. G

artico split seat

No, but my daughters 2018 C200 coupe had a split in the drivers bolster artico when she bought it. We took it to SEW Trim Ltd in Botley, Hampshire who removed the seat, replaced the panel and refitted, including resetting the airbag fault that they said would be generated due to it being...
  12. G

ADAS Calibration needed after tyre changes on W205 2018 C200?

My daughter had 4 new Michelin's fitted to her C200 coupe recently. The garage said they could not check and adjust the tracking, which her worn tyres suggested that it needs adjusting. They did not have ADAS equipment supposedly needed as the car's camera(s) would need re-calibration if the...
  13. G

R230 SL: Running cables from boot into cabin - best/easiest route?

Thanks, I'll check it out and post some pics when I find a route.
  14. G

It's getting to the sills that is the problem. I will have no problem in routing the cables once I can get them through the boot bulkhead into the cabin.
  15. G

I have found that using the centre console power outlet to power my phone holder and dashcam interferes with DAB reception so I need to relocate my usb adapter to the boot power outlet. I'm also installing a reversing camera and rear dashcam. So I have a number of cables to route from the boot...
  16. G

R230 PSE pump outlets and cable runs from engine bay and boot into the cabin

1. The PSE pump in my 2008 facelift SL is cycling every few seconds, so presumably I have an air leak or leaks. The boot soft close plus both doors operate normally, however the glovebox does not unlock via the central locking and as the centre console lock is defective it also may not be...
  17. G

Back in the fold!

In case anyone else is looking for it, here's the info: https://www.mercedesmedic.com/check-my-mercedes-benz-for-balance-shaft-issue-by-vin-m272273/
  18. G

Back in the fold!

After over a year without owning a Merc I'm now back in the fold, so once again will be leaning on forum members for information and advice. About 18 months ago I sold my R231 SL400 for an offer I could not refuse, and early this year sold my workhorse W211 E320CDi estate that was getting...
  19. G

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

What have I done to my Merc today? Sold it.... For the first time since 2007 I'm Merc'less having sold my R231 SL late last year and my W211 E320 in the last week. I now have a new Tesla Y (proving to be a fantastic buy) and an 2007 Alfa Spider (proving to look great but be rather fragile!)...
  20. G

If you are thinking of selling, now's the time!

The SL400 I sold to WWAC for £42,300 is now showing as reserved at £38,600 on CarShop so a minimum £3,700 plus costs loss to them! I figured Cox/Mannheim would have been able to read the market better, but I guess not my concern. There are a couple of E400 convertibles that I am watching but...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom