Search results

1. grayb

E Class 350D V6 Crank Seal Leak

This video gives a good insight, I think.
  2. grayb

c350e fuel consumption

Good hybrids are quite economical in certain situations. Eg. a Toyota Prius in urban conditions. One of the reasons that so many are used as taxis...
  3. grayb

Difficult Decision

That was what I thought Helen meant by Continental R. Proper old-fashioned motor - makes a CL look like a mass-production car. But that could be a good thing for reliability...
  4. grayb

Difficult Decision

Would one be more than a Continental R?
  5. grayb

Sat nav updates

That DVD looks to be for the Comand NTG4 system. Do you definitely have Comand fitted to your car?
  6. grayb

Thoughts on this E53 estate!

Our old 1998 C43 estate used to bottom out on dips occasionally. Part and parcel of the lowered suspension settings designed to keep fast luxo-sports cars feeling 'sporty'.
  7. grayb

Burmester OEM RETRO FIT C Class W205

I noticed some secondhand sets of Burmeister speakers on eBay - the one I looked at didn't include the amp, which would be a bit useless...
  8. grayb

C200 1.5 EQ-Boost Estate - avoid or OK?

A friend of ours is happy with his C200 MHEV that he bought earlier this year - though he did discover this week that TfL has it listed as non-ULEZ compliant!!!
  9. grayb

Anyone here own a Porsche Cayenne?

We briefly talked here about a V8 Diesel Cayenne as a replacement tow car / comfortable cruiser for the W212. After initially liking the idea, we were put off by the prices of 2016+ models at that time (18-24 months ago). We would have been welcome at our Porsche club for sure! Decided to run...
  10. grayb

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Repair approved. It was close - insurance value came out as a smidgen over £5K.
  11. grayb

An elderly lady, recently widowed, car new to her since her husband's death. All true and unfortunate for all involved, but no one was hurt so...
  12. grayb

Took it to the bodyshop after someone tried to shorten it by driving into the back... :( Now, we wait to see if our mate Paul can keep the cost below write-off level. (Custom Coachworx, next door to Eastbourne Mercedes).
  13. grayb

Rear subframe needs replacing - nuts and bolts

We didn't realise quite how bad it was until Alex Foti phoned us up to tell us we couldn't drive the car any further...
  14. grayb

R171 SLK55 or R172 SLK55 AMG

Unless you sell it to us!
  15. grayb

Tyre Pressures.

I did find this a couple of years ago - a method for comparing cold to warm pressure increases and taking that as an indicator of too low or too high pressures. All to do with the friction on the air inside the tyre. We tried it with our caravan tyres and it seemed to work, giving a smoother...
  16. grayb

Rear subframe needs replacing - nuts and bolts

That was what happened with ours. We had to tow the caravan home as well...
  17. grayb

EML after AdBlue delete

Interesting! So, the NOX sensors were replaced? I presume that is cheaper than the £2K often talked about for new tanks and pumps? Or are these different problems...?
  18. grayb

Here we go again!!

Love a Jag. And that one looks very nice.
  19. grayb

Potential battery issue

We replaced our 12 year old battery last year. No real symptoms of failure except that starting seemed a little slow. New battery was a noticeable improvement. Beats possibly being stranded on a freezing morning...
  20. grayb

Replacing Thermostat on W212 350CDI

I have never ever been aware of turbo noise in our car... (even after it had been to Burnham-on-Crouch).
Top Bottom