Search results

1. A

2007 S211 gear selector unit replacement advice please

My selector has stopped allowing selection of gears manually and allowing shifting from Drive to Reverse or Park. Just need advice on the following - Would a used replacement be plug and play, or need coding, or not work (I have Star if needed)? Is it just the part number A 2112674224 that...
  2. A

Brake disc and pad confusion help please

I tried that website again and worked today. Using my VIN the results are as shown in photo. Now I read that as the A2114210812 is the one for Japan, Australia and USA, with the one you quote A2304210812 is for Sport package only, so these will be the 330mm drilled discs. I read it as the...
  3. A

I have spoken to my local MB dealer today with my VIN they stated there was only 1 set of pads and discs listed and confirmed the part numbers are not the ones Mercedes of Newcastle have sent, but are the ones catcar.info have given me (discs A2114210912 and pads A0064203220). Unfortunately...
  4. A

@ Dreamer no2 - yes, they could have been changed by PO as I mentioned in my original post and it was Mercedes Benz of Newcastle. VIN as above - WDB211222B270881, but as above post the info on catcar suggests mine are correct and original. @ Wighty - you would hope they’d get things right, but...
  5. A

Tried that link, but when going to brake section just got some red html code and sql error. Did find and use this one though -...
  6. A

I’m confused about correct replacement discs and pads for the front of my 2007 E320cdi. I contacted Mercedes Newcastle via their ebay store with my VIN and the pads and discs they’ve supplied don’t match those on the car. These are the ones they have supplied -...
  7. A

How does this connector unplug?

Ok, done :D thanks for all the suggestions. Gave up picking and prodding and gave a yank upwards with pliers - popped straight out. Photo below shows what holds it in. There’s really no way to release this other than just pulling it up to release.
  8. A

the car’s not being used at the moment, so no great rush. Just spending 5-10 mins at a time having a go. If no advance by Thursday then brute force will probably be the order of the day.
  9. A

Unfortunately there’s only me, so I’m poking/pushing and pulling !
  10. A

A couple of, hopefully, better focused photos. I have tried pushing in at both of the holes in the blue outer where marked, but nothing seemed to release.
  11. A

No, the black bit that is under the 2 is part of the case.
  12. A

Nope, that’s what’s got me stumped. There is a little hole in the side of the blue bit - I’ve tried pressing in there, but didn’t do anything.
  13. A

I need to remove the door control module, but can’t see how to release this last connector.
  14. A

Smokey V6 E320cdi

Hi folks I have a 2007 E320cdi cdi with the OM642 engine and 222k miles on the clock. The car’s been off the road for about 5 months due to an issue with the brakes and no time to fix at that time. I’ve now sorted the brakes and getting car ready for MOT, but it seems a bit smokey, so not...
  15. A

SL500 (R230) replacing filters

No he was talking about Mercedes 229.51 which is the low ash oil. When I used Mobil 1 I found one of the cheapest places to buy was Costco.
  16. A

If these are the oiled type and you experience poor engine running in the future check your MAF for oil contamination.
  17. A

Even cheaper if you buy 20l http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20L-Genuine-Mercedes-Benz-Engine-oil-229-5-petrol-engine-5W40-synthetic-/152275408286?hash=item237452559e:g:Fp4AAOSw-CpX~Pia Or £29 for 10l here...
  18. A

W211 Nokia Phone Kit

It was an optional extra on the W211. Lots of info about it online and should be in your owner's manual. Basically it's the audio and sat nav unit. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mercedes+command
  19. A

Heater only blows on recirculation

The heating system on my 2000 R129 is playing up. If I have it set on re-circulation everything works ok with plenty of air blowing through whatever vent I choose. On normal there is pretty much no air coming through any vents, although you can here the fan working. I assume there is a...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom