Search results

1. antijam

If you are thinking of selling, now's the time!

Well, just sold my SLK by auction after 14 happy years of ownership. It was a great drive and I know I shall miss it, but with six cars and fuel at ludicrous levels something had to go and the SLK drew the short straw. It had become an expensive luxury for less than a thousand miles a year of...
  2. antijam

SLK roof starting to play up

When you say the previous owner 'overhauled' the roof, are you sure he didn't fit a Cabrio Module? These are notorious for playing up after a while. If you don't know if it's there you might be unaware of the possible differences available in operation.
  3. antijam

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

You're right - it represents a serious load of unsprung weight....:)
  4. antijam

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

Removed this lot from the arse end of my Corvette.....
  5. antijam

Side Exiting Exhaust - Why?

This is the proper vehicle for side exhausts...... ...specifically designed to drown out the screams of your passenger (it's LHD) and set fire to your trousers as you exit. I removed them when I'd run out of trousers...... :);)
  6. antijam

SLK v CLK

I've had a 2003 R170 SLK320 for the past 14 years and despite subsequently acquiring a Mustang GT and a C3 Corvette, I can't bring myself to part with it. The M112 V6 engine is one of Mercedes best and despite its configuration is both powerful and turbine smooth. The R170 is probably older...
  7. antijam

Starting problems

An update. Despite my inspection and rudimentary testing of the K40 relay finding no problems I decided replacing it was worth a punt. It's probably the most likely source of the range of problems I was experiencing. Bought a new module from my local MB dealer (part No. A 170 545 03 05) for £168...
  8. antijam

Starting problems

Battery is fine and all the electrics other than starting are good. Thanks for your suggestion.
  9. antijam

Starting problems

My SLK320 has been laid up for more than a year and now won't start. Initially it restarted on the first turn of the key but has gradually become more difficult. Some mornings it would not start and other times it would without problem. Turning the key now displays a full complement of dash...
  10. antijam

Brake light switch

My 2003 SLK320 has been laid up for the last few months (I've been distracted by other toys in my garage) but with excess time on my hands, today seemed a good opportunity to check it over. Refitted the battery and it sprang into life on the first turn of the key. I moved it around a few yards...
  11. antijam

Personal number plates

If you're out there Francis Yorick Xavier and needing something for your third car..... ....yours for a £100K. ;):D
  12. antijam

Happy fathers day

I got this from my daughter..... With my latest acquisition bringing the car count up to six, I think I'm rumbled...:D
  13. antijam

Cycle rack for an SLK.

Mercedes accessory....
  14. antijam

I've just bought a bunch of tools to DIY..

One size fits all....... ...or maybe buy a cheap socket set?
  15. antijam

Classic cars

Got to be honest, if it's a sunny day and I feel like a top down 'B' road blast, it's usually in the trusty old SLK - a perfect combination of modern performance and old world charm...:)
  16. antijam

Classic cars

Got to admit to having a bit of a thing for old bangers - here's a shot of my garage.... Being something of an old banger myself, I enjoy driving and working on a car where I can understand how everything works. That's not to say that modern cars don't appeal. As has been pointed out...
  17. antijam

2001 SLK 320 steering

As above ^^ - if they're 18's, there's your problem.
  18. antijam

What was your first car?

...and ten inch wheels and a glorified piece of string as an interior door handle. :D Sadly mine came to a sticky end... .
  19. antijam

What was your first car?

Mine had a habit of boiling its brake fluid (with brown corduroy consequences) and the steering had about 60° free play at the wheel. Its top speed of around 60mph was only for the very brave.... The rear dickey seats were fun though. :):)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom