Search results

1. R

Help me decide W208 CLK320 scrap or no?

Funny how writing out a question can crystallize your thoughts. Decided to do the repair and make a start on dealing with the rust when I stop using the car at the end of October.
  2. R

Help me decide W208 CLK320 scrap or no?

I've had my W208 2000 year CLK for about six years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, it has now failed its MOT on brake pipe corrosion. OK, guesstimate to fix all the pipes circa £700, but the problem is there is (surprise!) non structural rust problems at the rear end (under the...
  3. R

W208 CLK320 Parktronic Unit

Hey Oldspanners, yep,that's it. Many thanks, located it - see pics above.
  4. R

Thanks for the tips guys. I found it under the plate in the footwell - three M6 plastic nuts and tip the plate back and then slide the unit (on the left in the pic) out.
  5. R

Hmm, looks like a 209, but perhaps it's in the same place on my car. Will have a poke around.
  6. R

My Parktronic control unit has failed - I've found a replacement and I understand the unit is located somewhere in the passenger footwell. Can anyone tell me exactly whereabouts and how I get to it?
  7. R

Parking sensors total failure

OK, thanks for that, off to the auto krankenhaus it is then!
  8. R

Ah, yes it does that. If I flip the switch the buzzer sounds and the display lights up. Would one dead sensor knock out the whole system?
  9. R

So far I've only found one, that is no.14 in the box in the engine bay. That was fine. Are there any others to check?
  10. R

Yeah, suppose so. The whole thing (front and back) going down at once is a bit odd though.
  11. R

Noticed the other day that the Parktronic system on my W208 CLK320 is not working. Neither the front or rear sensors are working and the displays aren't working either, although they do flash on when I turn the ignition on, before going dark. I've changed the only fuse I could find (no.14 in...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom