Search results

1. HERBIEMERCMAN

REASONS FOR RESET OF THE ECU. E 300 TD. 1997.

GOT IT SORTED NOW, IT WAS THE CRANKSHAFT POSITIONING SENSOR. £120. INC.V. THE ENGINE COMPLETELY CUT OUT THREE TIMES AND ON THE FIRST TWO IT WOULD START AFTER 45 MINS, COOLED DOWN A BIT, ON THE THIRD CUT OUT IT WOULD NOT START AFTER THE ENGINE HAD COOLED DOWN AFTER 2 HRS. THE FAULT CODES DID NOT...
  2. HERBIEMERCMAN

Disabling EGR

SORRY FARU, I CANNOT FOLLOW WHAT YOU MEAN.
  3. HERBIEMERCMAN

HI ALEXANDER, I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE CAR RUNNING WITHOUT THE ECU, BUT I AGREE WITH IT BEING IN THE "BALL PARK" OF A CERTAIN SENSOR.
  4. HERBIEMERCMAN

CHEERS MATT, I WILL LOOK INTO THAT.
  5. HERBIEMERCMAN

HELLO GUYS, I THINK VERY FEW MEMBERS WILL STILL HAVE A 1997 E300 TD WITH 280,000 ON THE CLOCK. MINE AFTER OWNING IT FROM NEW HAS STARTED ME HAVING TO RESET THE ECU FOLLOWING COMPLETE ENGINE CUT OUT. I WILL TAKE IT TO MY FRIENDS LOCAL GARAGE, (AN "INDE"), AND SEE WHAT THE ACTUAL FAULT CODES...
  6. HERBIEMERCMAN

Timing chain problem

Hi LostKiwi, Long time no see, I have three cars and the MK4 Supra has been taking up most of my time, had an engine, ECU, clutch and gearbox,etc, rebuild, now running 450BHP at the back wheels. The Merc has been a work horse and at 270K from new is still running very well, my current concern is...
  7. HERBIEMERCMAN

TIMING CHAIN - E-300 TD. 606 ENGINE - MAXIMUM MILEAGE?

Hi Everyone, I have a Merc.E-300 TD. 7 seat est Car, owned it from new in 1997, it has now covered 270,000 miles, runs perfectly engine sounds very good, been well maintained. Is it true that the timing chains can cover 300,000 miles ? I find this hard to believe, but the situation of listening...
  8. HERBIEMERCMAN

ABS / BAS WARING LIGHT COMING ON ?

Thanks guys i will get my local "Inde" to put it on "Star". Herbie.
  9. HERBIEMERCMAN

ABS / BAS WARING LIGHT COMING ON ?

Hi Everybody, I have recently started to get the ASR / BAS warning lights coming on, i follow the procedure for clearing all faults by switching on the ignition and then going through all the gear settings, this clears the problem. Does anyone know what can cause this problem? as everything...
  10. HERBIEMERCMAN

ACCELERATOR PEDAL 1997. W210. E-300 TD.

Cheers Doug, i will do what you suggest. Herbie.
  11. HERBIEMERCMAN

W210. E-300TD.CRUISE CONTROL.

Hi, Guys, it was the foot brake switch, thanks for your help, it is just a pity that the invaluable threads history system is not working. Herbie.
  12. HERBIEMERCMAN

Hi Doug, I know where the throttle sensor is as i just took a pic of it to order the replacement, my thread is asking about the accelerator pedal and if anyone knows how the whole system operates. I see you have the exact model i have and wondered have you experienced any probs of this nature...
  13. HERBIEMERCMAN

Hi Guys, Can anyone explain how the accelerator/throttle system works? I am asking this as i have developed an issue with a little surging/jerking on low speed take offs. I have a throttle position sensor on order but i am not sure if this is the offending component, in that i have been asked if...
  14. HERBIEMERCMAN

ACCELERATOR STARTED TO BE JUMPY ? E-300 TD.W210.

Hi Guys, It appears that my problem is the throttle position sensor, it is what i call a rheostat or a potetiometer. They are circa £165 new and there a few about circa £30 to £70 used with 3 months guarantee. Herbie.
  15. HERBIEMERCMAN

ACCELERATOR STARTED TO BE JUMPY ? E-300 TD.W210.

HI Guys, I am now approaching 270,000 miles now on my bus and the accelerator has just started to sort of pause a bit on a gentle take off from a standing start, it sort of hesitates and then off it goes, this only occurs on gentle starts, not if i just put my foot down, i cannot see any...
  16. HERBIEMERCMAN

Many thanks Blobcat it was the "or this" last item. Do you know why the site is not storing member's older threads? Also thanks to you other guys, i like you am sure it will be the dual foot brake switch. Herbie.
  17. HERBIEMERCMAN

Hello Everyone, My cruise control stopped working and i had this same problem a few years back, for some reason i cannot look back through my previous threads, i hope they are still available? However i can remember that the last time i changed the foot brake switch and this solved the problem...
  18. HERBIEMERCMAN

RED TRIANGLE WARNING LIGHT WITH EXCLAMATION MARK?

Hi Naric, Being a moderator does not matter, it is just that i thought you were obliged to rise above certain levels of banter and mentioning illegalities, i remember you more for helping members, obviously when i posted the picture i was looking for a nicer kind of comment, i know what my...
  19. HERBIEMERCMAN

Hi, Blobcat & Emilydad, Thanks for your comments i think you are right, it is just that i was a bit surprised at the comments from Nairic who has become a Moderator, he used to help with technical matters etc, bit like Malcolm (television), also when the other members posted they did not know...
  20. HERBIEMERCMAN

I have a cottage in Ramsey and unlike now i obtained the plates from a car bar in Douglas, the format is IOM,and the plates are Northern Ireland, you cannot get this in the UK any more, BUT they are quite legal and i have all my MOT's to demonstrate this, many Police have followed me and unlike...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom