Search results

1. BRABUS R230

Living with an R230

Interesting question. I have read horror stories about the BCM combusting. I have read that some have combusted without a charger being connected to the battery. I store my car in my garage, connected to a battery charger / conditioner for 6 months every year. I have one connected to each...
  2. BRABUS R230

Living with an R230

Gosh. The R230 has taken a real battering in this thread! Granted that like many cars (including Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, Audi, Jaguar Land Rover (especially the Range Rover) each have many weak spots and very bad stories to tell. The thing is, many people often join forums to ask questions...
  3. BRABUS R230

R230 SL500 Prospective Buyer - Advice Needed!

Mine is the same and I totally agree with you. Albeit, I did go through a period of 2 months of the car randomly going into limp mode. It turned out to be the connector pins which connects to the throttle body - £70 fix. I love the R230, especially the SL55 AMG
  4. BRABUS R230

My 2003 SL55 has the same ABC struts as when left the factory - perhaps I am living on borrowed time. However, I have the ABC fluid, gearbox oil, differential oil, engine oil and brake fluid changed regularly - every 10'000 miles. The ride from the ABC is truly superb.
  5. BRABUS R230

Being an owner of an SL55 since 2008, I fully agree with all that you have said. I would like to add that if the SL55 is looked after and maintained well, with the fluids changed when they should, then you are less likely to have any major issues.
  6. BRABUS R230

My Brabus SL55 K8 Performance upgrade

How strange. Let me see if I can upload a few or post a link
  7. My Brabus & C63 507

My Brabus & C63 507

My Brabus and my friends C63 507
  8. My Brabus SL55

My Brabus SL55

Random picture
  9. My Brabus SL55 K8

My Brabus SL55 K8

After being kept in the garage for several years. It's back!
  10. BRABUS R230

My Brabus SL55 K8 Performance upgrade

Gosh. How time has flown since I first made that post - 8 years to be more specific. I still own the car. I have owned it since 2008. It has been SORN for several years. But it is now back on the road. I have a few more things to do to it - all fluid change - gearbox, engine, brakes, ABC and...
  11. BRABUS R230

TPMS

Well, good news (for me. Lol) I purchased s set of 4 replacement TPMS for my 2003 R230 SL55 AMG. I paid a total of £140 for all 4. The original replacement ones from Mercedes (made by Beru/Nuf) cost £170 each! The early sensor models are the same as used by Ferrari, Bentley and a few others, so...
  12. BRABUS R230

SBC re-set. Do these Ebay tools work?

I had the SBC pump replaced on my SL55 around 4 years ago. It cost my £1300 at a main stealer
  13. BRABUS R230

TPMS

Hi all, My car has been SORN and unused for the last 4 years. I decided to bring it back to and put it back on the road. Since car has been unused, the TPMS has stopped working due to the non-replaceable internal battery failure. The sensors were last replaced during 2010! At that time, the...
  14. BRABUS R230

R230 Supply Battery AGM or Standard Lead Acid?

It's about that time for an update. AGM, GEL or Lead Acid for consumers?
  15. BRABUS R230

Faulty N/S 2003 SL55 Xenon Headlight

I appear to have a fault in my NS/F Xenon headlamp, I have changed the Xenon bulbs, but no difference... If I constantly switch my headlamps on/off (sometime around 10 times) after a while the light comes on, once it is on it will stay on...sometimes it might work for a few days without any...
  16. BRABUS R230

SL55 ABC Suspension Issue

Hi All- more car issues. :Oops: :mad::( My car has been at the garage recently having some work done which required all for wheels to be off the ground, after picking up the car and driving a short distance I was waiting at the traffic lights and all of a sudden my car started to do a brief...
  17. BRABUS R230

Transmission issue with error code P0715

I noticed that when I put my car in drive from neutral it engages with a hard jerk...almost as if my foot was on slightly on the accelerator while putting it in gear, but the rpm are at around 750 in neutral then drops to around 500 rpm when in gear. My car is now stuck in "Limp mode" and...
  18. BRABUS R230

B Class B200 CDI SE CVT 2007

Hi all. I have just purchased a 2007 Mercedes B Class, B200 CDI SE CVT. the odometer says It has covered 86,000, it has some service history but none of them mention a transmission change, from what I have been reading the transmission oil should be changed around every 37,000 miles, I never...
  19. BRABUS R230

Oill Leaking from SL55 ABC Pump!

Hi all, I have a 2003 SL55 R230, I have an oil leak from my ABC pump, not exactly sure where its coming from, but its somewhere very close to it. The pump still works, power steering is still functioning and the ride hight adjusts as normal, but every so often I have to add ABC oil. All four...
  20. BRABUS R230

Intermittent Power Loss!

Hi all, I am trying to find out if anybody can shed some light in to the cause of one of my many, and long standing problems, this problem was very, very intermittent at first but seems to have got really bad all of a sudden, I believe its in the list of my problems. Under brisk acceleration or...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom