Search results

1. W

R231 - switched live from driver-side fusebox?

You can go 40mm into it. If you look at the second pic I posted, you can see the lens of mine is just under the swipe of the wiper so it's ok on both counts. It's a bit of a pain ruling though and a bit ambiguous. I mean, are they saying that you can't have a camera that encroaches more that 40...
  2. W

If they fitted it under the rear-view mirror on an R231, I would say it's it's certainly in the swept area of the windscreen wipers and therefore not fitted lawfully - if that worries you... https://www.roadhawk.co.uk/articles/product-placement-is-your-dash-cam-breaking-the-law
  3. W

After lots of research I fitted the Thinkware Q800, partly because it's pretty small and discrete but also because of it's night recording performance and 2k recording, which makes reading number plates easier. I placed it right at the top of the screen, just to the left of the roof console, so...
  4. W

Thanks a lot. I found that but it appears to be for an R230 not an R231 - certainly the fuse I used isn't shown on the map. I'll see if I can get the number, but it's the only 15 amp fuse in the location near where the piggyback block is.
  5. W

So, just in case it helps someone else. There is a large grommet on the drives side bulkhead which you can push a wire through to come out near the driver side cabin fuse box. I then ran the cable to the passenger side engine bay fuse box and used a piggyback adapter to get a switched live. The...
  6. W

I think I’ve found a grommet through to the engine bay where I can use a piggyback fuse into a switched live. I’ll let you know if it works.
  7. W

Hi all I'm trying to fit a dashcam to my SL400 R231. I've got all the cables nicely hidden and run down the pillar to the driver-side fuse box where I need a permanent and a switched live, the only problem is, I've tested all the fuses there with a meter and every one seems to be a permanent...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom