Search results

1. Irresistance

W220 - ABS/ESP Fail, Speedometer dancing around

Well... it does actually appear that in THIS case it may not be the sensors. I got Delphi, used them before, Mechanic recommends. Meanwhile, however, various new issues have arisen: - ESP disengages and now and then (1 out of ~8 rides) the speedo stays at ZERO. Interesting thing; the car is...
  2. Irresistance

W220 - ABS/ESP Fail, Speedometer dancing around

Hi there, Been a very long time since I visited these parts - happy to see y'all still around, even with a banner ad for each sub-forum ;) My trusty old W220 320 CDI (post facelift) has received a reanimation-level servicing last month, as it was in a rather sad state for a while. New air...
  3. Irresistance

Why is a female previous owner advertised as an advantage???

I don't get it. Ok so they probably didn't make donuts with the car or floored it all the time... but most guys don't do that either! It would seem to me the average male owner is far more concerned with servicing and making sure things are addressed the moment anything seems amiss (weird sound...
  4. Irresistance

W245 B-Class opinions, reliability and MPG request

Hello, My wife's trusty old W210 E320 CDI is slowly becoming EOL, and we need a new a vehicle. After some deliberations I have come to believe the W245 B-class may be a suitable replacement. However, I am not very well-versed in this car and know little about it in terms of reliability and...
  5. Irresistance

W220 - ESP off but secretly on....?

Noticed something odd a couple of times. I'll switch off ESP (triangle illuminates), then decide to deliberately use too much throttle to slide for the fun of it and... the triangle will flash anyway, as it is in fact working after all...? When I stop being an idiot and drive without any...
  6. Irresistance

W220 - Comand reboots and/or crashes at random times (after using with Nokia phone)

Hello, Slightly annoying problem here on my W220. Since about 3 months or so, my Comand has been misbehaving. This started to occur after I bought (what is said to be) an orignal Nokia 6310i phone for the carkit. The phone works OK, rings, does SMS, shows on display, etc. - but ever since I have...
  7. Irresistance

W220 320 CDI - Vibrating TC & LubeGard Additives...

Right oh! So, today did the LubeGard treatment. New ATF (about 4.5L worth, so quite a decent amount) and 2 tubes of this. Long story short - no noticeable improvement. Yeah the vibration is a tad less, sure, but you might as well put it down to new ATF. I suppose saying NO improvement is a bit...
  8. Irresistance

W220 - Airmatic DOES go stale!

Hello people, Okay... so I have finally gotten around to replacing my rear Airmatic struts in the W220. Long debated whether to go for regenerated ones or not, but in the end decided to take the plunge and get two new Bilstein struts. Cost me about 800GBP. So. What are the effects? As...
  9. Irresistance

W220 320 CDI - Car sometimes needs closing twice (keeps blinking)

Okay... well - I have had this issue since I owned the car but I am slowly starting to have enough of it... The car will sometimes (more often than not) require me to lock it twice - after the first lock signal it will close, but the orange lights will blink like the alarm went off. No sound...
  10. Irresistance

W220 320 CDI - Slightly delayed/jerky gear change... sometimes :/

Hello, Okay I browsed around a bit on this forum for the word "jerky" but none of the post seem to cover the issue I am having so here goes... Since about 2 weeks I am noticing that the car needs just that half second more to change gears. Not always though... sometimes. Also, my TC vibration...
  11. Irresistance

W220 320 CDI - Steering Sound (Rack?)

Hello again. I have posted about a wheezing sound I experience when using the steering wheel at low speeds before. Today I had a more detailed look at the source of the sound, and as it stands, it appears the sound is coming from the steering rack. I have WD40-ed the rubber boot under the...
  12. Irresistance

W220 320 CDI - Torque Converter Recon Needed?

Hello, A while back I posted about an issue I was having with my W220... between 1100 and 1300 RPM I would get the "rumble-strip" vibration. We changed the fluid to 236.14 Fuchs, new filter, and, for a while, all seemed well. There still was some very mild vibration, but it was tolerable...
  13. Irresistance

W220 DPF Retrofit - Doable?

Hello, Okay... all these posts about DPF today reminded me of a thing I was thinking about a while ago... I go to Germany quite a fair bit and as some of you probably know, they now have the Umweltzone in city centers which is not accessible to cars below EURO4. As it is, my W220 does not...
  14. Irresistance

W220 - replacing speakers (by Bose ones?)

Hello again Ok so today I tried to play some classical/opera music in the car and discovered that the speakers struggle/pop/screech when it comes to high tones. Clearly, not worthy of an S-class auto mobile. I read in other posts (Thanks Television!) that it is an exercise in dumbness to try...
  15. Irresistance

W220 Airmatic - Can I adjust the firmness of the ride on STAR?

Hello, Can not find a definitive answer on this one. I read a few posts that you can adjust the ride height on STAR - but I am curious whether it is possible to adjust the firmness (of the comfort setting) on STAR as well. In my car, "comfort" feels a bit like (I think) Sport should...
  16. Irresistance

w220 Power Steering Pump on its way out - Can I drive until fix?

Hello, Simple problem. The power steering pump makes a noise when the engine is on. Started yesterday. Noise clearly comes from the front near the belt - at first (Based on my description over the phone) my mechanic thought it could be the pulley on the alternator (which also needs replacement...
  17. Irresistance

W210 - ESP sometimes engages on curves

Hello, I am having a problem recently with my E320 CDI W210 Estate... occasionally, the ESP will engage (I think on rear left) for a brief moment (up to 1 second) when I am making a sharp-ish turn to the right. Very sometimes, also on a straight road. Now - I have read a few theories: 1)...
  18. Irresistance

W220 320 CDI or W211 280/320 CDI - What to do?

Hello everyone. I am in the market for buying a new Benz, as the one I am driving now (W210 320 CDI Estate) is slowly on its way out, and the evil rust problem is becoming too much to bear. The two models I am interested in are W220 from 2004 or 2005 320 CDI or the W211 280/320 CDI estate...
  19. Irresistance

W210 320CDI Sudden Plume of Acrid Smoke... and all good?

Hello, Jus a quick question and/or story on what happened to me today. I was finally in Germany able to give the car some speed, and after about, oh, 40 minutes of 130-180 KM/h driving (avg. of about 160?) I saw my car belch out the most disgusting, bluey-grey near-opaque smoke from the...
  20. Irresistance

W210 Air Con Panel Illumination Not Working

Hi All, Ever since I have my Benz, the illumination of the Air Con control unit (The fancy digital one) is not working. Now I have been assuming that it just has a broken bulb and I'll need to get a different one (not expensive here in PL) but just recently I read this...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom