Search results

1. B

Gearbox Servicing costs

I took out the MBUK deal. It was about £200 cheaper than the MB South West but didn't include free pick up and a few other things but I wanted the freedom to service outside Devon.
  2. B

Gearbox Servicing costs

Early this year I took out a 4 year service contract with Mercedes for £2100 that does all of that (including all fluids and parts etc) and includes 4 MOTs. Inflation proof to boot. For other work I use an indy though.
  3. B

Light-coloured interiors!

This is exactly the complaint I had when a passenger in a friends car. I take the point about the dog in rorywquins's post but the A/C seems to keep her happy. I have a pano roof and once had a complaint about that from a rear passenger but everyone else likes it. I certainly enjoy having it...
  4. B

Light-coloured interiors!

It took me a long time to find a light interior car but the wait was worth it. I find that lighter interiors make the car feel more spacious and I have not found the upholstry any harder to keep clean although other lighter parts need more work. Luckily the floor is black. My other dislike is...
  5. B

Windscreen de-icer & screen wash

Two applications of very warm water and Mercedes Winterfit.
  6. B

Labour times to change Adblue tank

My thoughts too. The expensive quote was given by a representative rather than a mechanic so I’ll probably go with the cheaper one and hope I don’t need to do more than 240 miles.
  7. B

Labour times to change Adblue tank

I'v been quoted two times to change the Adblue tank on my car as a Star diagnosis shows the sensor has failed. One is about 8 hours and one is 3-4 hours. Has anyone had that job done? As you can imagine an extra 4 hours bumps up the cost a lot. The trouble is that the longer time job can be done...
  8. B

Chrome tailpipe trim fitting

Cheers. It is winging its way from Ebay so weather permitting I'll report back ion a day or so.
  9. B

Chrome tailpipe trim fitting

This looks straight foreward but is there anything to watch out for? I have no idea how I lost this but at least the parts onto which it shoud fit look intact.
  10. B

Adblue problem

I had the emissions update done two and a half years ago at 58,000 miles and have had no problems so far. My MPG dropped from 44.7 to 43.1 but my driving did entail more trips onto Dartmoor after the update so it's hard to draw accurate conclusions on MPG. The car did ask for more Adblue about...
  11. B

Adblue problem

Around 74000 miles. The EML came on about 5 months ago and I cleared it and didn't give any more thought to it then it re-appeared a month ago so I cleared it again but the EML was back on in a few days. After trying the Forte product, I realized I should take it to be looked at and this is what...
  12. B

Adblue problem

The nozzle is a direct feed from the Adblue tank I guess, and it fits into the feed to the exhaust. I'm not familiar with the exact layout. Strange that the nozzle seems clear but the build up was mainly in the tube afterwards. The garage engineer was so amazed he took the photographs.
  13. B

VIN tools saying no information

Thanks, here it is; WDD1770032N052557
  14. B

Adblue problem

How's this for a crystalisation blockage? The error code said adblue impurity, or something simmilar, but none was getting past that crystal wall ! It's Forte Exhaust Crystal Preventer from now on.
  15. B

I'll check with my brother in law when he returns later today if I can put his VIN up.
  16. B

As above, I have put a VIN in three different tools and all say that the car (W177 2019) does not exist.Is this a common problem?
  17. B

Steering noise

Yup, a squirt of some lubricant by my local indy seems to have cured it.
  18. B

Steering noise

Or is it an electric system?
  19. B

Steering noise

Finally back home. Checked tyre pressure and it was perfect. I never relied on the app to be accurate so check it every month or so with an analogue guage. It wasn't clear to me where the steering rersevoir is. All the tanks I checked had no dipstick so I'll have another look this afternoon.
Top Bottom