Search results

1. grahamwoodward

Timing Chain - W211 M112 E320 petrol V6 (2004)

My 2004 E320 E-class V6 petrol (M112) has done 161,000 miles (259,000km). It still has the original timing chain. The car has been serviced meticulously on time with good oil used in the changes. There is no rattle on start up but the engine is slightly noisier that it was when I bought the car...
  2. grahamwoodward

W211 Red Battery error message

AMGeed: Thanks. I'll get it checked on Monday. Thanks again.
  3. grahamwoodward

Botus: Aux battery was replaced 6 years ago. How do you tell if it's the problem?
  4. grahamwoodward

Hi guys. Recently I had a red battery - visit workshop error appear on the dash of my 2004 W211 E320 petrol V6 (153,500 miles). The battery was replaced with a genuine Merc battery in late 2017 but as the car is now 18 years old, last week I replaced the original factory-fitted alternator with a...
  5. grahamwoodward

W211 E320 V6 petrol - vibration

EXTRA, EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT: Well, three months later and I've now had the engine mounts replaced - What a difference. Although there was no movement of the engine when tested on a ramp, when they were removed, both were split and fit for the bin. Now the car is like brand new. So, So, So...
  6. grahamwoodward

CLC180 Comand video play

Srdl: Thanks for the links. According to the descriptions on Braybrooks' website I have an NTG1 unit not NTG2. BUT, their pictures don't match mine as the surrounds are different. Their picture of an NTG2 unit matches my wife's CLC 180 perfectly but it's different to my E-Class. Braybrooks say...
  7. grahamwoodward

CLC180 Comand video play

Dry Run: I haven't tried a DVD in the CD Changer but otherwise you have it correct. The car has one of the older 30-pin i-Pod connectors in the glovebox so I may just buy one on E-Bay and take it from there. Thanks.
  8. grahamwoodward

CLC180 Comand video play

There is no DVD player or maps player in the boot. I have tried a 'standard' DVD (purchased film) in the slot and it won't play.
  9. grahamwoodward

CLC180 Comand video play

Hi. My wife's 2008 CLC180 (CL203) has Comand with a 6-CD changer in the glovebox. Comand image below. On the face of it, the unit is identical to the one in my 2003 W211 E-Class, but unlike my E-Class it won't play video DVDs. The Sat Nav in the CLC has the map disk in the DVD slot at the top...
  10. grahamwoodward

Privacy Glass - CLC180K Sport (CL203)

We've only had the car a few weeks. It is a fully loaded model with every option on the list so we didn't want to reject it on grounds of the glass. The rear visibility in these isn't great at the best of times, let alone with black rear windows. It's not the end of the world, just an irritation...
  11. grahamwoodward

Privacy Glass - CLC180K Sport (CL203)

Hi guys, Anyone know how to remove rear privacy glass? My wife's CLC has privacy glass at the back and it makes the interior dark and the outside look like a van. Is it tinted glass or a heat-treated coating that can be removed with a hot air gun? The rear window (hatch-back) is also tinted...
  12. grahamwoodward

NGT 2.0 to NGT 2.5 2006 ML320 (again sorry )

KennyN: I'm not mad about spending £1300 on the Hi-fi in a car worth only £2k at best. At the moment I play MP3 files in the DVD player, but recently for £10 I bought a bluetooth radio transmitter that fits the cigarette lighter and that also transmits MP3 files from a micro SD Card to Comand by...
  13. grahamwoodward

NGT 2.0 to NGT 2.5 2006 ML320 (again sorry )

Hi Comand-Online have just quoted me £1300 to replace my NTG2 with an NTG2.5 unit. Apparently they disable the CD autochanger as the unit has an SD Card slot and the sat nav unit in the boot is rendered obsolete as the NTG2.5 unit has a 40gb hard drive. If my CD Autochanger played MP3 files...
  14. grahamwoodward

A question about the gap between build date and register date.

My W211 E-class has the build date on the VIN plate inside the driver's door - Jul/2003. I don't know if this is still the case with newer cars?
  15. grahamwoodward

CL203 - Merc CLC180 iPod connector

Hi guys My wife's 2008 CLC180 has a 30 pin iPod connector in the glove box and a 'frame' to hold an iPod. The connector seems to fit Gen 4 iPods. Does anyone know if you fit a 30pin to modern adaptor will the latest iPods then work thru the steering wheel controls in Comand? You can also get a...
  16. grahamwoodward

ULEZ forcing change to petrol model - any thoughts/advice?

For what its worth (or not) I had a W203 C- Class and then swopped to a W211 E-Class, both with the M112 V6 engine. The C-Class had a 2.6 litre engine and the E-class has the 3.2 litre version. The 3.2 is more economical than the 2.6 was, even around town. It's got more torque and revs lower. It...
  17. grahamwoodward

W211 E320 V6 petrol - vibration

Update: No movement in engine mounts so had the gearbox mount replaced to day. What a difference. No vibration, much smoother, almost as it was when I first got the car 7 years and 95,000 miles ago. Garage said that it was a bit soft when they took it off, so needed doing. If you have similar...
  18. grahamwoodward

CLC180K - phone connector?

Chrishazle - thanks, I know about Comand.co.uk as I have been to them before with my E-class. Thanks again - having the UHI name will make my enquiry easier.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom