Search results

1. Binnedit

What are AMG thinking!!!!

Wouldnt be a viable commercial decision to carry on with the V8's in light of the upcoming EU fines imposed for producing & selling ICE's
  2. Binnedit

2010 CLS Handling

I second DSK's comments regarding Cont-ies. My W211 was horrible & figity especially in the wet, over manhole covers, road markings etc etc. Changed to Hankooks, which were imeasurably better. Have them on the W216, now. I, too, thought Cont-ies were OE premium equipment.
  3. Binnedit

Audio system fault CL500 2009

Hi Peter. Yes I've been scouring t'internet, however my part number appears a bit elusive, unfortunately. I've just got off the phone to Remanx, who quoted £277* inc carriage both ways for a repair (if they can repair it). So its going to them on Monday. I will update when I have further news...
  4. Binnedit

Just by way of update my amplifier is no longer available from MB - neither new or re-manufactured. So repair is my only option. Current thinking is to repair & then sell the car on as the repairs (reportedly) are as fragile as the original units. Could not deal with a car without music. Very...
  5. Binnedit

I have exactly the same issue with mine. Sound drops out intermittently. As Richard advises, its most likely the amplifier in the boot. They have a reputation for failing. If you have voice commands, does that work? The voice module (also in the boot) can also be a source of problems. This can...
  6. Binnedit

New Disks and pads.

Got to say, I've just bought front discs & pads (+sensor) for my W216 from Grangemouth MB for £275 delivered. TBH I was thinking I was looking at the thick end of £400 for OEM. Went for OEM as I've read W216's dont get on well with aftermarket discs. I do have some decent wheel cleaner...
  7. Binnedit

Anyone know this E class YE17 VKD ?

Is it now missing some paint?
  8. Binnedit

What I don't like about this Mercedes car.

So apart from a bit of rust on the bonnet & a sauna blast to open your pours up - sound like a minter, to me
  9. Binnedit

Government driven/managed decline of used car industry.

Wifes 66 plate Fiesta is £0 VED Further to the earlier conversation, I believe that £0 VED on plug in hybrid vehicles was withdrawn, as lots Companies purchased hybrids for company car drivers, to gain BIK advantages, however, vehicles were only run on their ICE & never plugged in.
  10. Binnedit

What do you clean and polish yours with

From a fellow Stokie ;) Bilt Hamber range Autowash is a particularly good & concentrated shampoo Double Speed Wax is excellent & cost effective. Much more in the range - snowfoam, fall our removers, wheel cleaners etc etc
  11. Binnedit

No Price Haggling

Couple of stats for you: MBUK market share Feb YTD 23 2.97% MBUK market share Feb 22 YTD 5.89% Could be that MB are registering less vehicles with the large fleets? Or could be retail customers voting with their feet?
  12. Binnedit

WHITE SMOKE OUT OF EXHAUST WHEN ENGINE IDLING

You will get a much better return, even if you have to sell at a loss if you can get it fixed & have it running, even if it needs a new turbo. Have you any of the forum recommended independent guys near you?
  13. Binnedit

No Price Haggling

There is an awful lot of change happening within the motor trade, especially with franchised dealers. Many of the Manufacturers are forcing, what is known as, The Agency Model onto dealers. Whereas, the Dealer is paid a fixed fee for selling a new vehicle. Therefore no room to negotiate, as the...
  14. Binnedit

ABC Suspension Fault Diagnosis

Hi Jim If you haven't got an ABC warning light on, I would ask a friendly techy to lift it up on a ramp, get a pry bar in there & give everything a damn good wiggle, in the first instance. Worn bush replacement is likely to be far cheaper that many ABC repairs
  15. Binnedit

Sounds Like My Amplifier has given up the Ghost

Now that sounds like a bit of genius, Peter. never heard of a pond smoker before - but I'm going to find out about them, now :)
  16. Binnedit

Thanks Both Rear light cluster is in the direct area where it appeared damp. With the clocks going back, looks like it will be next weekend before I can check it out.
  17. Binnedit

So, it was fairly dry for some of this morning. Out I go, to retrieve the amplifier from the boot. Removed the carpet & spare wheel & found this: Oh - thats not good. I'd done the sunroof & bulkhead drains during the summer, but I cannot fins any drain holes around the boot area. It...
  18. Binnedit

Oh, maybe I hadn't read far enough into the threads BC, didn't read any failed again for the same reason? I did read that 2nd hand units that are being sold often were not functional.
  19. Binnedit

Appears to be a known issue with the Harmen amplifiers in the W216's. Music plays for 10 mins then I hear a couple of crackles akin to an old school wireless then the sound stops - on everything. :confused: I've done some research on here & other places. It appears to be either the internal fan...
  20. Binnedit

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Well not actually today, nor me, but... On Friday, my tech swapped out the damper / accumulator on the power steering pump. Unfortunately, there was no shifting the old unit with the pump in situ. So out came the pump assy - eventually. I've got to say, it was rather a tense moment with the...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom